Slow internet

Options
Princessa
Princessa Posts: 60 ✭✭

Has anyone been experiencing issues with their internet connection? My internet speed is slower than my plan.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,106 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Princessa,

Have you tested as Dgjf  has indicated? I currently see that you have 3 devices connected and all through wi-fi. Please be aware that this amount is a bit too high for your current plan and I suggest to increase it to at least 30 MB/s. Also, please keep in mind that the speed through wi-fi is divided by the amount of devices you have connected.

If you wish to test your internet speed properly, please do so with only one device connected to the wi-fi network. 

A few helpful pieces of information that could assist with your issue can be found here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-slow-how-do-i-make-it-faster

Thank you for your understanding.

Have a good day.
    Catalin

Answers

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

No my internet speed is what a paid for.

Do you used the WIFI or a wired connection to the modem ? WIFI connection can be unstable aand dont give the full speed.

I always get about 125Mbit on Ehternet but bever on wifi 2.4Ghz and sometime on 5Ghz so its not the internet who are slower but the WIFI :)

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

My internet works very fine.

This morning I got 2Mps more than my Internet plan, when going full throttle. But that was a test.

Can you describe the problem with more details?

• Which device?
    • How do you test it?
    • What is your Internet plan capacity? Fizz will sometimes do traffic management for higher plans. Read this.
    • Is you modem using band steering, bridge mode, etc?

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

I don’t know exactly where you are located but I had some slow internet speeds yesterday for an hour. After that it was fine and back to normal. Maybe try resetting your router or at least on/off :)

This discussion has been closed.