Modem issue

Options
Mourad H. #13027
Mourad H. #13027 Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hello everyone,

I am asking for help, my modem doesn't work and I have no access to Internet, there is only the power light on, all other lights are off, is there something I can do to fix this?

Thank you in advance

Best Answer

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    edited March 2021 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Mourad H. #13027

The first light says the power is on.

The second light should be about looking for a Fizz signal. Not having that light is not a good sign, maybe the Fizz network is out or unreachable.

Is the coaxial cable intact and well connected on both ends? If yes, try unplugging it for a few minutes.

Contacting Fizz would be the fastest troubleshooting since they can

• verify if there is an incident or maintenance work carried out in your area affecting services
    • check your account status
    • check your modem status if it works within optimal parameters, if its signals are alright and also its history (like recent signal fluctuations). They can check for package loss or broadcast congestion.

Other solutions:

• rebooting the device
    • going back to factory settings, a bit long and inconvenient but a good all around test. You will loose all configurations though like wifi name+password.

Answers

• Mourad H. #13027
    Mourad H. #13027 Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Options

How can I contact them? I really need this to get fixed ASAP, working from home, please help

• NinjaBunga
    NinjaBunga Posts: 201 ✭✭
    Options

I usually contact them through facebook messenger. There is also a green bubble when you log on through the fizz webpage. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

Wait a couples of seconds and a green bubble with the interogation mark will appear, when you click on it there will be a chat option.

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

To chat with Fizz:

1. Go to a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services
    2. Look bottom right for the big green question mark (?)
    3. Click it, a bubble will appear
    4. Submit your question with possibly a relevant screenshot or modem photo 
    5. After that will be displayed the number of customers preceding you, to manage your expectations. Updated real time.

ALTERNATIVELY, try leaving a message on Facebook Messenger, iMessage or Twitter private. The advantages of their tool are the management of waiting times and the ability to print (e.e. PDF) a copy of the conversation for your records.

The "?" not visible or does nothing? Make sure…

• you really are on a FAQ page e.g. https://fizz.ca/en/faq/resolving-issues
    • you scroll through the page and after 10-15 seconds the ? bubble will appear in the bottom right corner of the page.
    • you are really logged in with your account. Disconnect explicitly, close any Fizz tab, clear your cookies, reconnect.
    • no browser extension blocks its appearance (ad blocker or plugins like "NoScript").
    • try in incognito mode
    • javascript is enabled
    • to empty your cache
    • try with a different browser
    • try on another device

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Options

Idefizz already provided helpful information.

I just heard from many of my friend in Mtl that the internet is horrible today, so maybe there might be some overall connectivity problems.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options

Hello Mourad H. #13027,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. 
    I have verified and I can see that you managed to reach our support team and technician will be sent for further investigations.

Have a good one,
    Alex

This discussion has been closed.