How do I know the modem admin password to my fizz modem ?

Amine H. #21671
Amine H. #21671 Posts: 4 ✭✭

I need to setup a port forwarding, I have seen in other discussions that the username to use is cusadmin, but how do I know the password ?

Best Answer

Answers

• Amine H. #21671
    Amine H. #21671 Posts: 4 ✭✭

Hi, thanks,

So I tried, with user cusadmin, both my wifi password (the one I changed when I started the service), and also, just in case, the old one, that is printed in the sticker on the back of the modem, labelled "Default key". None of them works.

Any ideas ?

Thanks

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭

There is a slim chance that whatever software you created the password with (say a browser saving your password) could remember it. I'd look around that next.

But I'm afraid that if you do not remember the password you will have to reset the router to factory settings.

Unless a Fizz representative can do that (and only that) remotely, which will require you to chat with them. I find resetting much faster but that's me.

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭

If Idefizz’s tips didn’t work, then you would have to do a factory reset of the modem. This means that you have to set it up as a new modem. It’s a bit a pain but shouldn’t be too complicated and quickly done if you don’t use a tonne of extenders and/or smart devices.

Good luck. I hope you get it sorted :)

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,785 admin

Hi Amine,
    You can always perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself.
    This will ensure that the Default Wi-Fi key will be recovered so you could use it.

More options to recover your Wi-Fi password can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-recover-my-wi-fi-password

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei

This discussion has been closed.