Why "gift" button is inactive?

Options

I wanted to transfer some data to my friend but noticed that the "Gift" button is inactive. Does somebody know why it is?

Best Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,172 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Min,
    Thank you for reaching out to us with this situation.

The Gift button on your Fizz account could be greyed out for 2 reasons:
    1. You can only gift the Perks you have but don't have any contacts in your list to automatically select them and gift those to them.
    2. You don't have any monthly plan Data available, as I checked, and hence you can't gift any of that also because, again, you probably don't have any contacts in your account list.

For the time being, the option to add contacts has been disabled for everyone while it's under maintenance for the foreseeable future.

Details on how the Gifting process works can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-is-data-gifting-and-how-does-it-work

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Have a good one!

Andrei from the Fizz Team             

• StefanM
    StefanM Posts: 1,453 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

You are only able to gift data from your personal monthly allotment (you cannot gift rollover data).

Further, the other person needs to have data activated on their side. So you cannot gift data to a person who only has a talk, text plan.

Answers

• Idefizz
    Idefizz Posts: 2,999 ✭✭
    Options

Mine is active (green and clickable) but I'm in no position to give anything right now.

Is your friend specifically in your contacts?

On top of my head, they were issues lately regarding giving perks. The recipient had to be in your contacts. And you couldn't create a contact easily since there was phishing issues. There were turn arounds to create a contact like using email address or referral code.

• Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options

You can onlu gidft the data on your current month. Are you sur you try to give the valid type of data ?

• Brandon Y.
    Brandon Y. Posts: 13 ✭✭
    Options

I'm having a similar issue. Can't add contacts in order to gift..

This discussion has been closed.