Connected without internet?

Options
Kiana A.
Kiana A. Posts: 2 ✭✭
Good morning, I made my monthly paiement late this month again, but even though the paiement went through, was accepted and even after I received the confirmation, it says that I am connected without internet. It happened again a couple months ago and it took me all day before it finally worked (with your help). I have a big meeting today if you guys could help me it would be super generous. Thank you.

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,921 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Kiana

You are able to check that the payment was successful by going to My Plans >> Transaction History.
    For more information on how to check your transactions, you can take a look at Fizz help page: https://fizz.ca/en/transaction-history

If you need to make a manual payment, go to:
    My Plans >> Manage plan >> Payment method.

Click on the "Make payment now" button.
    Once the payment has been made, your service will be restored within 2 hours.

Some have reported up to 4 hours. Meanwhile, please try restarting your modem.

In case of a problem, you can contact customer support by chat:
    1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-fix-payment-issue
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • roch-andre
    roch-andre Posts: 272 ✭✭
    Options
    Unplug your modem for 30 seconds. Try to connect again
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options
    It take some time to the connection to go back but if you think you have paid more thant 4 hours ago juste unplug the modem, wait sometime like 15 secondes and replug it. It should redo the handshake with the server and give you internet if the server accept it has a valide modem. Have a nice day :)
  • Alexandre L. 85994
    Alexandre L. 85994 Posts: 531 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Kiana,
    Try to unplug for 1 min and the plug again. If this still not working, then I would try a reset. But careful, you'll lost your previous settings. If those steps didn't work for you, I would contact the fizz support!
    Good luck and have a nice day! :)
  • Dgjf
    Dgjf Posts: 3,052 ✭✭
    Options
    @Kiana do you get your internet back or is still not working ? Have a nice day :)
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,159 admin
    Options
    Hi Kiana,
    I just checked on this situation from my end and I can confirm that your plan has been indeed paid for the current payment cycle.
    I also checked on your connection signals where I can see that they are within the optimal parameters, with no package loss or broadcast congestions.
    There is also no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.
    Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?
    Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.
    More helpful details can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Have a good one!
    Andrei
This discussion has been closed.