connection issues?

Princessa
Princessa Posts: 60 ✭✭
I've had the message saying that there is no connection several times today. Anyone else having connection issues today?
Thank you in advance :)

Answers

• MichelP
    MichelP Posts: 8,733 ✭✭
    Princessa,
    Does your internet connexion is working this morning?
    Yesterday, have you tried to do a reset factory of your modem?
    it was maybe a breakdown in your local area.
    If you still nned help about your connexion, please, contact the Fizz customer service by chat.
    Log to your Fizz account.
    Click on:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/none-my-devices-can-access-internet-wi-fi-or-using-cable-how-do-i-fix-it
    Click on the green interrogation point down to the right of the page and click on the green chat bubble.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,809 admin
    Hi Princessa,
    Thank you for letting us know about this situation.
    I understand and I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've experienced.
    Would you kindly please unplug the coaxial cable from the coaxial outlet and the modem respectively, wait for about 30 seconds, then plug it back in the outlet first and then in the modem, then restart it?
    Also, please perform a factory reset of the modem by using a sharp object to press on the small button in the orifice behind the modem for 15 to 20 seconds, then let the modem reboot itself and test the connection.
    Following this, please change the connection bandwidth from 2.4GHZ to 5GHZ as shown here below:
    The modification of this option is possible thanks to the mobile application Fizz Wi-Fi:
    Choose: ''My Wi-Fi''
    Select your Wi-Fi network
    Select: ''Advanced Settings''
    Band Steering ''On/Off''
    This change can also be applied through the Wi-Fi modem user interface:
    1. Log in at:192.168.0.1 from the web browser of any device.
    2. Log in using the following information:
    Username: cusadmin
    Password: xxxxxxxx (Password you chose during initial setup)
    3. Go to the next section to apply changes:
    Wireless → General Settings → 5GHz → Band Steering (Disable)
    I checked on your account and on your connection signals where I can see that they are within the optimal parameters, with no package loss or broadcast congestion.
    There is also no incident or maintenance work being performed in the area that could've caused the disruption.
    More helpful details can be found here:
    https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it
    Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Have a good one!
    Andrei
This discussion has been closed.