I normally have service but right now, and the last few days, my cellphone service is not working. W

Options
LyAnne B.
LyAnne B. Posts: 2 ✭✭
My service doesn’t work and I still pay and everything. And I saw that right now, there is no technical issues going on inside the company. Is my SIM card broken or something?

Answers

• Yelena
    Yelena Posts: 1,861 ✭✭
    Options
    Try to insert your sim card in another phone. If the other phone doesn't work, it means that your sim card is defective. In that case you can either order another sim through your Fizz account or get it from one of the participating Couche Tard (call them to make sure they have stock).
  • PierDuc
    PierDuc Posts: 1,566 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi LyAnne,
    Try to restart your phone.
    Also check your account to make sure everything is Ok.
  • Gabriele G.
    Gabriele G. Posts: 167 ✭✭
    Options
    Try to restart your phone. I had the same issue few times and had it fixed by doing so. I hope this helps!
  • Emmanuel S. #36497
    Emmanuel S. #36497 Posts: 235 ✭✭
    Options
    If your sim card is broken you phone should give you a no sim inserted message.
    What phone are you using? Does it say you are connected to Fizz in the status bar? Does it show a signal strength ?
  • LyAnne B.
    LyAnne B. Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options
    I have a iPhone 11 and it’s says no service, it doesn’t say that I’m connected to fizz or anything else.
  • Clive_ref_code_73TF9
    Options
    Hi, as others wrote, if you can try your SIM in another phone, if it doesn't work you need a new SIM. If it works, try someone else' SIM in your phone. If your phone works with another SIM then it is likely your SIM. If neither works, first try resetting your phone's network settings, if this doesn't work, reset the phone back to factory settings. A factory reset will erase all your data so be sure to save your data (contacts, photos, etc.) to your computer or to the Cloud or whatever.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,932 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi LyAnne

As others suggest, you can try your SIM card on another phone.

What happens when you turn on the phone? Does it say NO SIM or NO SERVICE?
    If not and you are connected to Fizz network, are you able to make calls, send text or use mobile data?

Have you also logged on your Fizz account to check that your plan payments are up-to-date and the status of your plan services?

If the problem continues, you can contact customer support by chat at any time 24/7:
    1- Connect to your Fizz account by clicking « Login » in the top right corner at fizz.ca
    2- Any ad blockers in your browser should be disabled.
    3- Open a Fizz help page like this one: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-make-sure-my-mobile-service-working-properly
    4- The green chat bubble should appear after a few seconds in the bottom right corner.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,216 admin
    Options
    Hi LyAnne,
    I checked from our end and everything appears to be fine with your mobile plan.
    If you're encountering service connection difficulties, please turn ON Airplane mode and then turn it back OFF, turn on Data roaming and then turn it back OFF, make sure you're connected to Fizz, turn OFF the Wi-Fi, make sure that your IOS is up to date and if neither of these steps helps you out, please pop out the SIM card from your phone then pop it back in, restart the phone and then reset the mobile network settings:
    Settings → General → Reset → Reset network settings
    Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Have a good one!
    Andrei
This discussion has been closed.