Installation Fee Hoax?

Options
Mo M. #28548
Mo M. #28548 Posts: 2 ✭✭
A Videotron van showed up this morning and the technician came to my door with a box containing the router which I had ordered from Fizz, insisting that he needed to enter my appartment. I tell him that I was expecting to install the system myself, as I had selected in the options when ordering my plan online. He dismisses my question and walks into my place with his boots on, takes his mask down and tells me that the self-install is an advertising hoax and that nobody actually installs the modems themselves. He says that videotron always installs modems for their customers, and that the "free installation" is just a way to get people to sign up thinking that they'll save money. Within two minutes he pulls out the modem from the box, plugs a cable and a power adaptor into my wall and tells me that I'll be charged a $30 fee to my credit card...
Has anyone else had an experience like this?
I did alot of research before choosing Fizz, my internet works but this was a very uncomfortable experience and not at all what I was expecting. I feel like I've been fooled and It has me wondering if these technicians are paid a commission for each installation, or If it's all just a hoax.

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,109 admin
    Options
    Hello Mohammad,
    I am truly sorry for the unpleasant experience.
    Rest assured that this case has been escalated towards my superiors as this is not an accepted behavior from the technical team that handles internet services. They are not meant to enter your private place in such manner and the self-installation is indeed a free installation service, not false advertisement as the technician mentioned.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good day.
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.