Still extremely low speed for download, nothing can be done?

Options
Catalin C. #27101
Catalin C. #27101 Posts: 2 ✭✭
I can't even connect to verify my email. I am becoming really disappointed with the Fizz service....I am not asking for Gigabit speed, yet is so difficult to provide 30 Mb I am paying for!
I did everything technical service recommended for, still the technician told me to ask them to verify the "equipment supply" (actually he said it in french: " l'approvisionnement de l'appareil "), whatever this is.
Please try to fix my issue as soon as possible.Thank you!

Answers

• Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,917 ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Catalin,

Please try connecting a device via ethernet cable to test the speed. If the problem continues, check that the coaxial cable behind the modem is firmly attached.

Have you tried factory reset of modem? Press and hold down the reset button (behind the modem) for 10 seconds.

You may have to contact Fizz customer service again if the problem continues.
    You may be interested to read this post with similar problem:
    https://community.fizz.ca/questions/2354553-zero-download-speed-full-upload-speed
  • Patrick D. 61567
    Patrick D. 61567 Posts: 346 ✭✭
    Options
    Are you doing the speed test over the wifi? Can you try to from a wire device to be sure that it's not the wifi. Can you restart the modem and also factory reset it if it doesn't work.
    You problem could be the modem or the network. It's Vidétron network, so if you go to Videotron, it will be the same.
    Did you try to call videotron to see if the network is good? Fizz is owned by Videotron by the way.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,148 admin
    Options
    Hello Catalin,
    Apologizes for the situation encountered.
    I have verified and I see that you've contacted us on Live Chat, and my colleague provided you some manipulations.
    I kindly invite you to contact us again if the situation persists.
    We are available between 8 am and 9 pm everyday or any time at https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us
    Have a wonderful day.
    Adelina
This discussion has been closed.