double payment? customer service

Options
I just noticed that I was doubly charged for a month of service which does not appear unusual. I contacted fizz customer service and they told me I had to prove to them that I had not received a refund yet by sending my credit card statement. This is completely ridiculous. Their own accounting records should show this but the service rep said they did not have access to this information so the onus is on me to prove it. I have contacted CCTS

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,727 ✭✭
    Options
    You are suppose to have received an email with the explication, strange they will ask a prove.
    You are not alone in that situation.
  • Don B. #267
    Don B. #267 Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Options
    the email just indicates I was double charged but offers no solution
  • Don B. #267
    Options
    Just got off the phone with my credit card and disputed the payment. They said I should see the refund in a day or 2. Others with this problem may have to resort to this, maybe then fizz will get the message you cannot just overcharge people without repercussion.
  • Allison W.
    Allison W. Posts: 1,272 ✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, I'd contact CCTS too. They have records of what you paid them. This has happened to a lot of people and should not be a surprise.
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,901 ✭✭
    Options

I am glad you are resolving your issue.

Did they actually ask for your credit card statement?

One option could been to hide your personal info and show them only the Fizz transactions.

When your question or post has been answered, please close it by clicking on the button Make this best answer.

Thank you

• Don B. #267
    Options
    yes they asked for my statement and no I am not going to go through redacting my credit card info, partly because I am attempting to prove a negative. They want to see my transactions to prove I did not receive the refund
  • Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭
    Options

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button under the answer you deem to be the best.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,102 admin
    Options
    Hello Don,
    We are truly sorry for this unpleasant experience. Please rest assured that we are making all the necessary checks to verify what exactly did happen regarding your refund and to make sure that you will receive it properly after we investigate this properly. We don't find it as a fair situation in our morale agenda and we wish to see our customers happy.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a great day!
    Catalin
This discussion has been closed.