Why is my VPN not working with FIZZ?

régis C. #9480
régis C. #9480 Posts: 3 ✭✭
I need to connect to my work's VPN to work from home, and all always workd fine with videotron until i switched to FIZZ. Now i can't connect to my VPN anymore. i tried with my phone hotspot and it went fine so it's definitely coming from my router/isp. Fizz support told me to rename my SSIDs the same (which should not have any link with my VPN) which i did but to no avail. Did anyone else have issues of this kind? I can't find any setting linked to VPN in the router interface...

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 18,802 admin
    Hey @Régis,
    Sorry to hear about your situation. Which VPN are you connecting with? I've tried several of the including Cisco & CyberGhost and had no issues. Have you tried contacting your VPN's support department?
    Cheers,
    Jay
  • régis C. #9480
    Hi Whizz,
    my technician says this : it's not a software VPN that's used but a VPN integrated into windows named L2TP. does this help?
  • Fizzy
    Fizzy Posts: 10,815 ✭✭

Hi Régis,

Looks like someone had a similar issue a few months ago.

https://community.fizz.ca/questions/1960903-ipsec-l2tp-working-fizz

Hope you can find a solution.

At least for now, you have a temporary solution using your phone wifi and hotspot.

• régis C. #9480
    Thanks fizzy but i saw that topic and there was no solution in it, it ended with "it just solved itself"
  • Gates
    Gates Posts: 835 ✭✭

In order to help the Fizz community evolve with your question, do not forget to identify the best answer given to you by members of this discussion group using the Make Best Answer button under the answer you deem to be the best.

• Kovid
    Kovid Posts: 588 ✭✭
    It should work on Fizz network with no problem
This discussion has been closed.