@FIZZ: Some ideas for you?

Options
Katia O.
Katia O. Posts: 12 ✭✭
Hey FIZZ!
Hope you've recovered from the outage on March 25th, and are taking a close look at what caused it. As a frequent beta-tester, I can appreciate the frustration on both ends when a service experiences issues, and is unable to service its clients. We get it, $H!T happens. And good things can come of bad, so here's some thoughts for your consideration:
1) Your brand and platform are largely customer driven. No doubt you appreciate that a few screenshots of negative feedback can really damage your brand. So be aware of your messaging. Yesterday, you tried using the forum to provide info on the outage, but as the messaging offered no further details from the Status of Service (https://fizz.ca/en/faq/status-services) page, customers were more annoyed than appeased. When our only message is "we're working on it", it leaves a lot of people guessing, and you've built a huge platform for us to vent...which leads to...
2) Be transparent, be real. Give customers information in straight talk. Provide timelines and objectives for your solution. Even if you have to update the message later in the day to say "Okay, we tried X and it didn't work the way we expected. We're now going to try Y. Please bear with us for Z more hours," customers would appreciate knowing what you are doing and how it will help us, and those messages are much easier to swallow than vague corporate BS. We don't like BS, that's why we left Rogers/Telus/Bell, remember?
3) Give every customer a perk or points as a way of showing you're sorry for the inconvenience. Your brand is largely tied to your customer base and dependant on referrals. Wouldn't it go a long way to appeasing people if you were accountable for the situation, manned up, and passed out some swag to make us all feel better? We all like gifts :)
Best of luck to you. Let's keep the good times rolling!

Answers

• Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Options
    I agree, more transparency could be appreciated
  • Rayl
    Rayl Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Options
    I agree with that.
  • Normster
    Normster Posts: 70 ✭✭
    Options
    Very well said ,
    We need more transparency....
    Please !
  • MRA
    MRA Posts: 62 ✭✭
    Options
    I honestly just want transparency from them. Perks and points are just a second thought for me if they continue to be like this...
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,747 ✭✭
    Options
    me too, I would like CSR to tell the real story about a problem.
  • Leifuer
    Leifuer Posts: 498 ✭✭
    Options
    They have done the third one, I have just received an email about two perks of 1Gb each, in a total of 2Gb. They will be sent in perks on April 9, 2019.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,747 ✭✭
    Options
    Received too, however, if you do not have a data plan?
  • kobray
    kobray Posts: 98 ✭✭
    Options
    well said, agreed!
  • Pancake
    Pancake Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Options
    This post hit all the right points. Agreed.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,159 admin
    Options
    Hi Katia,
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for the Monday network outage. We appreciate very much the replies from our customers and we're working around the clock to identify and fix the glitches and bugs in our service. Please rest assure that we're 100% transparent and we always try hard to help our clients and keep them informed.
    Thank you for your feedback and for your kind understanding.
    Have an excellent day!
    Radu
This discussion has been closed.