Ridiculous Data Usage during the Outage ?!

Options
Meng J.
Meng J. Posts: 10 ✭✭
So I wasn't able to use my phone ALL day yesterday, cannot make phone calls or text or using any data. I am so surprised to see I `USED` more than 80mbs of data yesterday. Work place has wifi, home has wifi, tried to make calls or using app on the way to work or home, it never worked and this morning I saw that I got charged for 85mb usage. Anybody encountered the same BS?

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,725 ✭✭
    Options
    The data was in and out, probably you have some app, such the mail.
    Did you check your phone to see if there was some traffic yesterday
  • Meng J.
    Meng J. Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options
    my cellular data was tracked by to Dec 2018, it wasn't reset just for yesterday so I couldn't check on that.
    What doesn't make sense is that even if the data was in and out, it was only about less than 20 mins for on the road for me, other time i was either in the office or at home with access to wifi yesterday. If the background apps could cause that much of data, that probably means my normal day usages could be multiplied by that. But yesterday it was already more than 60% of my regular daily usage.
  • David G. 8208
    David G. 8208 Posts: 63 ✭✭
    Options
    I see the same... March 25th 164 MB of data usage when the phone didn't work from 8AM to 10PM and I didn't use it at all outside of those times. LOL what a joke.
  • Sebastien
    Sebastien Posts: 2,127 ✭✭
    Options
    I got access to network at few moments yesterday during the outage. Was able to receive emails sometimes.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,101 admin
    Options
    Hello Meng Jia,
    In order to be able to help you, please contact us via Facebook Messenger or Live Chat. On the following link you will find information regarding how you can do that: https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us .
    Thank you very much for your understanding.
    Have a wonderful day!
    -Bogdan
This discussion has been closed.