Roaming in Aruba

Options
Darren B.
Darren B. Posts: 16 ✭✭
Hello,
I purchased a data pack 5 x 1gb for Aruba yesterday. I landed and it connected to setar mobile, and surprise no service. I then manually connected to Digicel, still no service. I have data roaming on, and data roam fine in the USA. Fizz can you fix this please.

Answers

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,749 ✭✭
    Options
    Please enable also the 3G
    The chat https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-travelling-outside-my-coverage-zone-what-are-my-roaming-options (interactive. go on the page and wait 15 seconds for the icon to appear at the bottom right)
  • Darren B.
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    I set the network to 3G prefered and nothing changed. I switched to both providers again.
    I'll take a look at the link and see what I'm missing.
  • Mike
    Mike Posts: 20,749 ✭✭
    Options
    Contact them using the chat if you can.
    Or if you prefer using facebook (https://facebook.com/fizzca and click on send a message)
  • M T. #338
    M T. #338 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭
    Options
    Apparently Aruba uses B1 (or band 1 if you will).
    So if your phone does not support B1 it wouldn't work.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    Not really an answer, but I was recently in Belize and I couldn't get roaming to work either. I tried everything you tried and it was clear that the connection was made, but data just didn't work. 3G, different providers, etc
    I contacted customer service and the escalated the issue, but they did not get to it in time before I left Belize. I got a refund for my add-on, but I would have preferred if they found a solution.
  • Darren B.
    Options
    I have a Pixel 3 and can connect to two of the local carriers. I contacted fizz, they escalated the issue. My guess is I'm sol while here but hopefully fixed for someone in the future.
  • Code_KRUEW
    Code_KRUEW Posts: 400 ✭✭
    Options
    @Darren, I was hoping that they would keep the ticket open and properly resolve the issue for others. However, once they accepted to refund me, they closed the ticket.
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,166 admin
    Options
    Hello Darren ,
    I am sorry about this situation.I can see that you have a ticket in progress regarding this issue.Once our specialized team will find a solution you will be notified via e-mail.
    Have a nice day!
    Marius Daniel
  • Darren B.
    Options
    Well hopefully it gets fixed for the next person, as my holiday is over :).
  • Darren B.
    Options
    So i get this reply from Fizz:
    "Hello Darren,
    The specialized team has analysed your situation and they say that it's solved at the moment.
    You have Zone_3 add-on but for Aruba you have should bought zone_4 add-on.
    Due to this, you cannot make calls.
    Thanks for your understanding.
    Have a lovely day!
    Corina,
    Fizz Team"
    Hey Fizz,
    Lets digest this a bit,
    1. First i hope you mean data not calling. I was under the impression international calling was not supported at all by fizz currently.
    2. Second a little FYI how your site works, when you add data roaming packages you search by country name and it selects what package to add. Also it says Zone Latin America, no where does it give me the option to pick zone 1 or 2 or 3 or 4 or any number.
    Its your site and your network, please understand at a minimum how it works...........
    Also please refund the data passes i purchased.
This discussion has been closed.