Jin K. #16646
Jin K. #16646 Posts: 6 ✭✭

fizz mobile data (LTE) west ottawa IS SLOW AS Molasses 

People experiencing this horrid data rates here? 10/01/2024

Best Answer

• Jin K. #16646
    Jin K. #16646 Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Thanks for your reply but that isn't the issue.

I guess will wait for fizz to fix .

Answers

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,667 admin

Hello Jin K. #16646,
    I am sorry to hear about that.
    Make sure that your Wi-Fi is off, sometimes your phone can prioritize browsing over Wi-Fi instead of your mobile data.
    You can also try and restart the phone, this might refresh your access to the network.
    Please try and do some tests using different browsers, if the slow speed is limited to a single browser or application, try to completely uninstall it from your device.
    If the issue persists I recommend that you reset your network settings.
    The steps to follow to reset your network settings will vary depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:
    Android: Settings → General management → Reset → Reset network settings
    iPhone: Settings → General → Reset → Reset network settings
    Here is an FAQ with more details about this https://fizz.ca/en/faq/browsing-the-internet-is-very-slow-on-my-mobile-phone-how-do-i-fix-it
    I will leave this thread open in case some other users have some other tips to give you for the situation.
    Have a wonderful week.
    -Mihai, Community Moderator

• HelpfulOttawaUser
    HelpfulOttawaUser Posts: 2 ✭✭
    All good in the Wellington Village area.
    I would agree with Mihai, please follow his helpful suggestions to resolve your issue.
  • szhash
    szhash Posts: 2
    Hi,

Same issue here. There are parts of Kanata where there is no service today. No LTE, calls or SMS.

My wife is on Freedom and she has the same issue.

I have restarted my phone to no avail.

I wanted to report an outage but am not sure how to do so.

Thanks.
  • nanite
    nanite Posts: 2
    LTE connects and there is no internet AND even SMS did not work, though the connection itself showed full bars.

I forced my phone to go to 3G and at least I could use the phone.

I also manually tried switching to Fizz EXT (LTE) but that downgrades to H+.

I have done the usual troubleshooting steps: reset network settings, reboot, airplane mode, validate the APN (as if that magically changed after years of normal use)