Does Fizz canada plan included free text to USA?

evensher
evensher Posts: 4
Does Fizz canada plan included free text to USA?

Answers

• Drividor
    Drividor Posts: 440 ✭✭

You need Canada/US plan to send text to US

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭
    edited 12:06PM

Fizz SMS plan is international, so you can send SMS to any country (from your coverage area) without any additional charges.

Basically if your coverage area is Canada, you are located in Canada currently and you have unlimited SMS included in your plan, then you can send SMS anywhere without any additional charges.

• Drividor
    Drividor Posts: 440 ✭✭

Sorry, i did not know that it changed to international. Here's what i found!

Text messages

Incoming texts are always free, whether you’re within your coverage area or not, and whether you opted for unlimited texts or not.

Premium text messages are not supported by Fizz. As such, it’ll be impossible for you to send any (even if you have funds in your Fizz wallet) or subscribe to such a service. Some premium messages are free. Those will therefore be considered as regular texts, and as such, billed at the applicable rate if your plan does not include unlimited text messaging.

When you are within your coverage area:

Plan with unlimited texts: all text messages you send are included, whatever their destination is. With a Quebec coverage for example, you could send a text to Ottawa, or even London.

Plan without unlimited texts: sending a text will cost you $0.05, whatever its destination. To do so, you’ll have to add funds in your Fizz wallet.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 685 ✭✭
    edited 12:49PM

Receiving texts from anywhere is free.

Sending texts to anywhere within your coverage area is free. (assuming you paid for unlimited texts)

From what I found on the forum and given the terms and the subsequent wording in the calls section it leads me to believe that texts to anywhere are included (sent from within your plan's coverage area)

You can find more information here:

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services

• ablabla
    ablabla Posts: 317 ✭✭

Fizz's Canada-only plans do not typically include free texting to the USA by default. However, you can send texts to the USA by adding an international texting option or purchasing a "Canada + USA" plan that includes both Canadian and USA texting.

To verify the exact options available for your specific plan, you can:

1. Log into your Fizz account and check the details of your current plan.
    2. If you want to add texting to the USA, you can do this by modifying your plan or adding a Pay As You Go option for international texts.

It's a good idea to review the Fizz website or contact customer service for the most up-to-date information.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭

SMS were international since the beginning of Fizz. The only thing is you need to send it from within your coverage area.