Some sms not receiving.

Fredweet
Fredweet Posts: 23 ✭✭
edited September 7 in My Mobile

Hello.

I don't know if the people behind the ticket system have a clue of what they are doing.

I have 2 issues

My wife just switched to Fizz, same address obv, she is not always receiving sms messages from what it seem like some iPhone friends/colleagues. 5 days and no resolution. Samsung s21fe on fizz network.

My fizz account has been active for 2 months, I am still stuck on Fizz-EXT. No resolution. Pixel 7.

Im beginning to think they just cut and paste answers and hope and pray for the system to rectify itself.

Any thoughts about my assumptions or about the 2 issues?

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭
    edited September 3

Can you set the SMSC of Videotron (+15144240053) instead of Fizz (+14385200092) and try again?

• Fredweet
    Fredweet Posts: 23 ✭✭

Its already on the 514 area code for me and my wife

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 151 ✭✭
    edited September 3

Hi @Fredweet

Regarding your EXT issue, you are not alone, this question comes up regularly.

I am also on the EXT network and have been so so nice I signed up with Fizz. This is my fourth month. I live in the middle of the coverage zone which has been recently expanded in my area. I find that rebooting my phone makes no difference. I am always in the EXT network. I don’t know why rebooting the phone works for some but not for others, but I don’t worry about it anymore.

When I contacted support about this, the reply from @Whizz is:

“I kindly wish to inform you that, as long as you are in the subscription zone there should not be an issue if your phone displays Fizz EXT.”
    Probably you are in an area where we are using mostly the partners networks however, in order to receive an exact answer regarding this, please contact our customer service agents. 

To do that, you can access this link:   https://fizz.ca/en/support

I never did follow up as I am no longer concerned.

if you do follow and get an answer please post it here.

Regarding you sms issue, have a look at this FAQ, and note that it can take up to 25 hours before sms will function normally on a new account.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/i-cant-send-or-receive-text-messages

Cheers,

Brad

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 1,550 ✭✭

For receive message, you have need Internet mobile with Iphone. Your wife have mobile Internet ?

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,499 admin

Hello @Fredweet ,
    Thank you for reaching out.

We are sorry for the inconvenience and understand the frustration of waiting for a response without receiving one promptly, especially when you are eager to find a solution.

I can assure you that having Fizz EXT on your device while being on the main subscription will not affect you as long as there is no Fizz network available as @BradDoell mentioned. We are still following up on the ticket as you mentioned that your wife sees the Fizz network at the same address while using a different type of phone.

I also took the time to verify the exchange between you and the customer service representatives and noticed that you wanted to proceed with a SIM swap. It is possible if you already have a spare, and if it is a VoLTE-compatible SIM card ( This SIM card shows a red lightning bolt icon ).

Please note that we still need to go through the security verification, even though we were chatting for a while, to ensure the safety of your account. We will compare the information on the documents you provide, with the information listed on your file.

We are looking forward to chatting with you.
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.