Wifi down for nearly 12hrs

Kellenandrew_89
Kellenandrew_89 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited August 13 in Internet
Internet suddenly got cut this morning, and it hasn’t been running since. Our WiFi doesn’t even show up to connect. Tried the live chat from both the app and a browser, still haven’t been able to reach anyone. What’s the deal?

Answers

• G225 code IRSGE
    G225 code IRSGE Posts: 1,543 ✭✭

Hi, Did you unplug, wait 10 seconds, and plug it back in?

I know that there is or has been an outage in a certain area of Montreal.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,498 admin

Hello Kellenandrew_89  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

We verified your modem`s signals and it appears that it`s online.

My first suggestion would be to unplug the modem for about 15 seconds then plugging it in, as the WiFi feature might have been disabled ( try to check if you have a connection on Ethernet cable in the meantime ).

If you do have a connection on Ethernet, please access the modem interface and check that the WiFi feature is not disabled.

On the last note, if nothing helps, factory reset the modem by following the details found here : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-internet-service-not-working-what-do-i-do and redo the installation steps and check if the connection is working.

Last but not least, if you still have issues -reach our customer service on chat for further investigations.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    Raul, Community Moderator 

• Chroma
    Chroma Posts: 19 ✭✭
    Are any lights on your modem on or blinking? You could try rebooting the modem by unplugging it and plugging it back in.
This discussion has been closed.