why does freedom mobile have unlimted data at reduced speeds?

shiba_booboo
shiba_booboo Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited August 13 in My Mobile

Why does freedom mobile have such an offer when fizz can't have it? They got that plan on Bring your own phone and priced from 20$ and up.

Answers

• OlivierRobert
    OlivierRobert Posts: 3,021 ✭✭
    edited August 10

Well they have unlimited speed at reduced speed but we have reported data at 516kbps if you do more then email light browsing its unsusable Also if you take a plan with no data with fizz you can a 500mb data bonus on your plan to have data

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 837 ✭✭

freedom used to be a separate company. their plans/structure remains even when quebecor bought it. that's why it has many things even videotron doesnt have

• BradDoell
    BradDoell Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi @shiba_booboo

All of the telcos in Canada have subsidiary companies that offer different products, price points and advantages. Quebecor and their family of companies is no different.

Consumers now have a wide range of choices and options.

Fizz on!

• shiba_booboo
    shiba_booboo Posts: 4 ✭✭

i was hoping Fizz offered something like that as well, i'd go for it and get both phone and internet with Fizz but as of now its not promising enough

• Midu
    Midu Posts: 6 ✭✭

I think these different offerings are a good thing, if I like the plan structure somewhere else I can move there.

• Flofito OY8HO
    Flofito OY8HO Posts: 72 ✭✭

I like the transparency and straight-fowardness of Fizz' plans!

• Leifuer
    Leifuer Posts: 531 ✭✭

It seems that Freedom is not available for Quebec residents…

as there is no option to choose from the province.

😂

• OlivierRobert

I like it too! Freedom plans have temporary rabates fizz doesnt!

• OlivierRobert
  • jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭

The reduced speeds are slow and aren't meant to be used seriously.

Think of it as emergency data where even if it is slow, it's still a connection and you can use it to get directions out of an area with Google Maps.

Fizz is the more budget conscious brand under the Videotron umbrella so it's expected that we won't get much in the way of features.

This discussion has been closed.