Voicemail setup 1st time, there is no PIN reset

itkinon
itkinon Posts: 2
edited August 7 in My Mobile
Voicemail setup 1st time, there is no PIN reset.
Please text me a temporary PIN.

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 7,931 ✭✭
    edited August 6 Answer ✓

Hi @itkinon

From the guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-set-up-my-voicemail

The PIN (customize, reset or deactivate)

Reminder: Once the voicemail option is added to your plan, it’ll be activated come the following payment cycle.  

As soon as your voicemail is activated, you’ll receive an access code (PIN) by text. Use this PIN to access your voicemail the first time and personalize it afterwards for security reasons.  

To customize or reset your PIN: 

Follow the instructions in your voicemail or do it from your Fizz account under My Plans > Manage My Plan > Advanced Settings > PIN to Access Your Voicemail. 

Important: Unsafe combinations such as 1234 or 8888 will be rejected. 

Good to know: If you have a pending plan change, you won't be able to change your PIN until your new plan is active. 

Answers

• Chroma
    Chroma Posts: 19 ✭✭
    > @elena code xzi4t said:
    > Hi @itkinon
    > From the guide
    >
    > The PIN (customize, reset or deactivate)
    > Reminder: Once the voicemail option is added to your plan, it’ll be activated come the following payment cycle.  
    >  
    > As soon as your voicemail is activated, you’ll receive an access code (PIN) by text. Use this PIN to access your voicemail the first time and personalize it afterwards for security reasons.  
    >  
    > To customize or reset your PIN: 
    > Follow the instructions in your voicemail or do it from your Fizz account under My Plans > Manage My Plan > Advanced Settings > PIN to Access Your Voicemail. 
    >
    > Important: Unsafe combinations such as 1234 or 8888 will be rejected. 
    >
    > Good to know: If you have a pending plan change, you won't be able to change your PIN until your new plan is active. 

This worked for me, thanks!
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,498 admin

Hello @itkinon ,
    As @elena code xzi4t already mentioned, you can change the PIN for your voicemail directly from your Fizz account.
    The steps are: My plans- Manage plan- Advanced parameters- Pin to access Voicemail.
    From there, you will be able to modify it in order to access your Voicemail service.
    Here are more details regarding the subject: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-I-access-and-use-my-voicemail
    After making the necessary verifications in our tools, we noticed that you also reached the customer service agents and they provided the same steps for this process.

In case there are any issues regarding this subject, you can reach them back in order to receive assistance.
    Your understanding is highly appreciated.
    Have a great day.
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.