adding texts change whole plan and increses prices

Cesar A.
Cesar A. Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited July 31 in My Mobile

can someone explain why? before you could change your data text minutes, without it affecting the price of other things, i got the 50gb data back at the start of the year when it was cheap, i tried adding unlimited text to my plan, which should be $2 more, why do i have to pay the new internet data price when im leaving that alone?

the rep i spoke to wasnt very helpful, and said that data plan i had didnt exist anymore, i know that, but im not touching the data, why should it change when adding text? when the system was not like this before

Best Answer

Answers

• Cesar A.
    edited July 30

chat transcript

• Oli 64JKA
    Oli 64JKA Posts: 4,884 ✭✭

The price of plans changed since you took yours so maybe the data isnt the same price

• Cesar A.

but it wasnt like that before, i added minutes, area coverage and other things before and the price of the data for example remained locked, it only changed to the new price if i tried to pick a new data option

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,197 ✭✭

Probably at the being in stabilization period?

• Cesar A.

my wife changed her plan back in may, only added unlimited text to her new plan, and was only charged $2 more even tho the internet price had gone up

• Cesar A.
    edited July 30

i had unlimited texts at the begging of the year, i removed them back in april, the prices of the mobile data had gone up, why didnt the data price increase when i removed the unlimited text option from my plan? since it was a "new plan"? this doesnt make sense and seems more like a glitch to me, if removing texts didnt change my data price why is adding text changing it?

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,197 ✭✭
    edited July 30

Your wife was lucky to have the same options and the same price or they reduced some other options. Sometimes the price of 20Gb goes up, but the price for 30Gb goes down (it is only an example) when the price change sometimes in only for some options.

I changed my plan in March, and I reduced the cost of my plan, because the options at that time were more convenient.

The quote from my previous post

Any changes to your plan, such as modifying coverage, data quantity, texts, voicemail, or international calls, are considered modifications to your plan. Therefore, when you make a modification, you will need to select from the available options and their associated prices.

Adding addons, using the wallet, or utilizing bonuses and perks does not alter your plan.

You can check this guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/abcs-fizz-mobile-services https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy

Sorry this is how is working

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 1,024 ✭✭

you arent "add" a new option to your current plan. when you change plans you are literally getting a new plan at the current price they have. if the plan price have increased, then you have to pay the new plan price.

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 4,529 ✭✭

Check the website regularly to catch a new promotion for this plan.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 787 ✭✭

The intro pricing for the provinces outside of Quebec was over on July 22nd.

Data plans above 20gb went up in price. The price for 50GB of data was $15 which is now $20.

Unlimited calls and text remained the same price at $4 and $2 respectively.

So while it is true that adding unlimited text will increase your bill by $2, the price of your data has gone up and the price freeze you have doesn't apply when you change your plan.

Keep an eye out on the website as there can be discounts on bigger data plans later in the year around the big shopping holidays.

This discussion has been closed.