How does travel works

Blackeaven
Blackeaven Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited July 26 in My Mobile

Hi, if I want to visit Portugal for, let’s say a month, how does it work with fizz so I can use my data/ make phone calls while in Portugal? How much will it cost me and how good is the service? Thank you!

Best Answer

• Step_WYQMY
    Step_WYQMY Posts: 1,321 ✭✭
    edited July 25 Answer ✓

Hi, I went to Portugal a few years ago, i suggest you to use Whatsapp, i noticed that this app was often used by locals there, for me it does the job. I have also bought a SIM card there at the airport in Lisbon to get access. It worked perfectly at a very reasonable cost.

Portugal is so beautiful, Lisbon, Porto, the Douro valley (i suggest you to visit by car, smalls roads are really so nice), the south with beaches after beaches, one of my prefered destination till now.

Answers

• Blackeaven
    Blackeaven Posts: 5 ✭✭

thanks for your help. How much did it cost you for the SIM card?

• Step_WYQMY
    edited July 25

As it was in 2021, the prices may have changed but of memory i would say around 20-25 euros. It was really easy and quick, there is a small boutique there in Lisbon airport, and employees there really used to help visitors with that kind of solution, really helpful. Vodafone the boutique name was of memory still. Have a look :

• Step_WYQMY

Wish a you a very nice trip there, so much to see son much to do, Portugal people so nice, i love so much wish myself to go back one day!

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 1,009 ✭✭

You would have to buy a travel add on for Europe. 1gb costs $10. It will be active immediately and will be valid until the end of your NEXT billing cycle.

You can then use your data for RCS messaging, WhatsApp or whatever app you prefer.

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 638 ✭✭

Local SIM/eSIM are often cheaper than the rates Fizz offer. Do some research and compare prices to see where's the better deal.

This discussion has been closed.