Internet is down this morning

sacha P.
sacha P. Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited July 8 in Internet

The Internet is down this morning , been 2 hours now ( South shore of Montreal ) ? Anyone else ?

Best Answer

Answers

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 1,009 ✭✭

I'm hearing that there's a big outage down there. I'm seeing similar posts on other forums.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,649 ✭✭

Power outage was restored by 6 PM.

• Fizz4Life
    Fizz4Life Posts: 3 ✭✭

Its back now.

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,700 ✭✭
    edited July 8
  • Kejinsan
    Kejinsan Posts: 4,778 ✭✭

All good now!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,493 admin

Hello sacha P.  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue.

It appears that yes, there`s a maintenance on the network grid in your area due to the recent Hydro Quebec outage.

While the service should be back up and running on your side, since the maintenance is still ongoing you might still encounter a few disconnections here and there so I suggest rebooting your modem every few hours if you have no connection.

A bit more steps can be found here also : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-internet-service-not-working-what-do-i-do

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    Raul, Community Moderator

• Denny1
    Denny1 Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Sorry to hijack the conversation but everytime I try and post in the forum my posts do not show up. I got a modem dropped off yesterday and it shows all the lights that indicate it is working properly but when I connect to it it says no internet. When I finally got a human response via my support ticket they said there is are no outages and to try plugging the modem into a different plug and checking the coax cable. The coax cable was checked by the technician and verified that it works. I also have tried multiple plugs. Is there any solution that anyone knows of because the blue lights on the modem mean it should be connected to the internet. I have already tried factory resetting multiple times and tried multiple different proposed solutions I've found online but nothing works. The support team is not getting back to me and this is my attempt in desperation to find an answer.
  • S_R1993
    S_R1993 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    Did anyone get his internet back? It's still out for me although everyone around me have got it back
  • Pifou
    Pifou Posts: 3 ✭✭
    A big company like Fizz doesn't have some special connection with hydro-Quebec or has generators? I mean, their servers are just connected in a standard wall socket?! That's why I find it surprising that the internet shortage is related to last night's incident.
  • RocWhite
    RocWhite Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Yep. South shore Montreal, no internet after the blackout.
  • Mike8
    Mike8 Posts: 4 ✭✭
    > @Mark123_2024 said:
    > There is no electricity in some areas in South Shore. I guess it's because of that.

I have electricity in Greenfield Park but internet is down. Spoke to support they said they’re working on it but no ETA. My post on the subject doesn’t seem to have been approved.

Meanwhile a neighbour nearby has Vidéotron and their internet works fine.
  • Pifou
    Pifou Posts: 3 ✭✭
    Same here. No internet since the last 4 hours and support is nowhere to be found. Being Sunday, it's probably 1 person for thousands of clients.
  • DavidJ
    DavidJ Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Same here. South shore of Montreal, no internet since very early this morning. Rebooted cable modem ... does not come online. The uplink light keeps blinking.
This discussion has been closed.