Fizz doesn't seem to give me the speed I pay for.

vincentpelletier97
vincentpelletier97 Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited July 7 in Internet

Hi there, I'm actually paying for 400 Mbps download, 50 Mbps upload. I'm plugged with a brand new CAT 6 cable that can get up to 1GBs and the maximum I get is 92 Mbps.

I've done the speed test on multi website and the outcome stays the same. I've also tried the application with my cellphone stuck on the side of the router and I'm still nowhere close to 400.

I upgraded because I literally need that speed to work with a lot of data being downloaded/uploaded as part of my job and now I'm in the world's most annoying pinch, aka not getting what I paid for and not getting any feedback unless I go poke around.

Can anybody help please?

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,139 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello vincentpelletier97  ,

Sorry to hear about the issue!

Please try to wait a bit after the robot states that he will transfer you - our colleagues have many contacts due to the recent moving season especially.

They are doing their best to handle as many cases as possible so your patience is appreciated.

Regarding your internet plan, since it`s not on this account, I can`t really help much, other than give you a few suggestions.

The first one would be to run a network scan using the Fizz WiFI app : https://fizz.ca/en/faq/what-are-wi-fi-technologies-used-fizz

o begin troubleshooting, take these steps:
    Place yourself near to your modem.
    Open the Fizz Wi-Fi app in Overview and press the three dots in the upper right corner to access the application menu.

Select More
    Select "Fizz support"
    ►Tap "Tools and support"

Follow the instructions and grant all permissions until you reach the feature page, at which point you should click on Network Scan. Allow the 2-minute scan to complete (do not dismiss the program or try to see messages or notifications during this time).

Check what the app has to say and try to follow the recomendations.

Last but not least, is to check the cables ( coaxial and power cable ) for any damage to make sure that this is not affecting the speed that you are getting also.

If the issue still persists, I once again invite you either on chat or you can also message us in private, but the chat would be a quicker way of resolve the issue.

Thank you for your understanding.
    Have a good one,
    -Raul, Community Moderator

Answers

• vincentpelletier97

I'll also mention it now before any admin says I don't have an internet plan: its on my GF's account.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭

You mentioned that you have upgraded your plan. Upgrade is not immediate and is starting with the new monthly cycle. Did your new monthly cycle start? If yes, restart your modem and if the issue is still in place, contact customer support:

https://fizz.ca/en/support

• vincentpelletier97

The new cycle has started and yes I have rebooted the wifi. I guess that leaves me with tech support.

• vincentpelletier97

I've spent 25 minutes waiting for an answer on customer "care". Did not receive a single reply after the bot transferred me.

Nothing makes me feel as valued as a customer as being ignored. 😠

• Max_7Y1G2
    Max_7Y1G2 Posts: 460 ✭✭

I would contact support and get them to test the copper line that goes to your house.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,743 ✭✭
    edited July 5

You can open a ticket yourself. Go to Settings → Contact forms → Submit a complaint

@Whizz can you help here?

This discussion has been closed.