Fizz EXT won’t disappear (Ontario)

Options
Flofito
Flofito Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited June 21 in Welcome and join
Hi, it’s been over 72h since I activated my plan and after restarting the phone I still get Fizz EXT in my main residence (Ontario)

Wondering if I’m the only one who couldn’t fix the issue with the official troubleshooting instructions!

Best Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 6,526 ✭✭
    edited June 19 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Flofito

Don't worry, it is a known problem

Did you try to select manually Fizz network? Wait 5 minutes and set back the network selection to automatic

from the guide: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/partner-networks

New to Fizz?

The name of the network indicated on your phone will not initially say Fizz. Instead, you will see Fizz EXT. We are aware of this situation and are working to address it. Rest assured, your phone is not roaming, and you will not incur any charges. Simply restart your phone 72 hours (that’s 3 days) following the activation of your SIM card, and all will be in order.

Reading other user can take a bit more than a week to get automatic Fizz network

• jvh_NVPF2
    jvh_NVPF2 Posts: 183 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'm in Ontario as well and and ported my number over.

My phone has the option to auto reboot after a certain amount of hours so the problem resolved itself after 6 days.

Being on Fizz EXT isn't a big issue but if it continues for a month or more you might have to contact support again because there is a ToS clause that states:

Access to partner networks is for occasional or temporary use only. If a member uses minutes, text messages (SMS), photo and video messages (MMS) or data (KB) primarily on partner networks for three consecutive payment cycles, Fizz reserves the right at any time to block or limit access to partner networks.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/coverage

• ohnomydatasgone
    ohnomydatasgone Posts: 28 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I've been stuck on Fizz EXT for a few weeks now, but Fizz support told me I was not roaming so maybe its just my phone being wierd? My phone is on the volte whitelist if that matters!

Answers

• Flofito
    Flofito Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options
    Thank you! You were all very helpful :)
This discussion has been closed.