About Benefizz Upgrades and adding a user to a Cell plan

1lln3ss
1lln3ss Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited June 17 in Your Fizz Account
I manage several plans (cells and internet) under my account. Recently I added a user to one of them, so that person could better manager his cell data usage.
I then realized that I CANNOT apply Upgrades on that plan anymore. Only upgrades from HIS newly created user account can be applied now (also, 2 out of 3 slots are now locked and available upgrades are lower tier, since there is only ONE cell plan on that newly created user account).
So in short... I am still managing and paying for the plan but I cannot apply rewards on it anymore. I fail to see the logic behind this. Please enlighten me.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,337 admin
    Answer ✓

Hello 1lln3ss,
    Thank you for reaching out.  

There is no system issue with that, it is just how the end user with a personal account works. It is all written here https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-add-user-to-plan. Since the end-user has his own Fizz account now, he will start from level one and work his way up. 

Please take a look at the FAQ and feel free to connect with us privately if you need more information. 
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator

Answers

• BeakBird
    BeakBird Posts: 3,379 ✭✭

I would contact support.

They should be able to make changes to your account that will be more beneficial to you.

Just log in to your Fizz account on the main web page and from the main menu select "help" then "support" then "chat with an agent" then "chat".

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 1,090 ✭✭

I would contact support. Just on that little green bubble on the bottom right of the screen

• 1lln3ss
    1lln3ss Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Ok, Indeed, it seems to work as intended... and yet, I fail to understand the logic behind it.

I should still be able to apply rewards on that cell phone plan that I pay and manage (for example to lower to price per month or increase the amount of data). The simple fact that the newly created user (in this case my son) now has a fizz account shouldn't be a net negative for me, the paying party.

So in other words, to benefit from MY rewards on a plan that I pay and manage for my son, I need to remove the account and let him login with my credentials (which is a security concern), so he can track his data usage. This is not customer friendly at all.

What, in my opinion should happen, at the very least: if I DO NOT allow account management on the associated user account, I should retain the ability to manage rewards as well.

It is what it is I guess. Thank you for the quick answer anyway.
This discussion has been closed.