Transfer Montreal number to Vancver?

yaboysteve
yaboysteve Posts: 1 ✭✭
edited May 29 in My Mobile
Hi, I moved from Montreal to Vancouver a few years ago and had to move to a different provider. I still use my Montreal number. Now that Fizz supports BC, an I sign up for a BC plan and transfer my Montreal number to Fizz?

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 8,072 ✭✭

hi @yaboysteve

I read a user that was able to do from Quebec to Ontario

Therefore you should be able to do it

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 4,332 ✭✭

Yes, you should be able to do this action, depending on your new address. Check if you are located in a Fizz area.

• kaitokun
    kaitokun Posts: 1,090 ✭✭

I don't see why not. It should work! 😀

• wenhan
    wenhan Posts: 923 ✭✭

Yes, your number sticks with you. Just have to port it over.

• lejoag
    lejoag Posts: 4 ✭✭
    You should do it but take care, prices are higher in BC, not the same than QC. Probably they gotta change that. Be pending, cause you could get a better price if you take a promo.
  • DelightedSpirit
    DelightedSpirit Posts: 2 ✭✭
    If you keep your Montreal number, won't that count as a long distance call from your fellow BC'ers?
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,337 admin

Hello yaboysteve,

Thank you for the interest of coming back to our services. 
     As long as the line is still active at the other provider and the address is under the subscription zone, you can transfer it back to Fizz without any issues. 
    For that, you will need the Fizz SIM card to start the process.
    Then, from the Fizz account access Overview- Add a new mobile plan and select the option "Transfer a number to Fizz".

It will be required to add the account number from the other provider or the IMEI of the current phone you are using with them.
    To find it, dial *#06# on the phone you are using with your current provider.
    If the IMEI number is more than 15 digits long, only use the first 15.
    After the request will be made, keep the SIM from the other company inserted as you will receive a text to confirm the transfer.
    Then, after confirmation if everything will be in order, the plan at Fizz should be active.
    Here are more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/activation-how-do-i-transfer-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz 

For any other questions, you can contact our customer service agents.

I wish you a wonderful day. 
    -Lavinia, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.