Home internet down in Montreal

Options
almalexiel
almalexiel Posts: 28 ✭✭
edited May 3 in Internet

There was a power outage yesterday, the lights blinked for a second then the internet stopped working properly. There was connection but barely anything could load at all. There was another a few minutes later and since then nothing works.

I've done everything: power cycling, disconnect coaxial, factory reset. The last message I got was that there might be DNS issue but no idea how to fix it. In fact the CS rep just left after sending me a message and the next person just replied "sorry for the wait" with no actual information. It's been really hard to reach anyone and I've had to keep prodding on the web/app chat, Facebook Messenger and iMessage at the same time to hope anyone is replying.

After everything now they are saying that they will send a technician sometime this weekend which means I'm missing my work day. I wish all this had taken about 3 times less time because hours of wait in between messages means that I've just been testing speed and network scan and waiting with no results. If someone had answered me yesterday before 1:30 am I could have had that technician appointment hopefully today instead…

Oddly the website says the status is 100% normally functional but I've seen other people with the same issue since yesterday so I'm wondering what's actual up with everything. Is it just me or not.

Answers

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,494 ✭✭
    Options

Thank for providing the info... Did you verify there's no problem on Videotron side such as outages or maintenance? Otherwise I would insist with customer support... Unfortunately there's no much we can do here in the forum

• Mark123_2024
    Mark123_2024 Posts: 1,990 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for sharing!!

• almalexiel
    edited May 3
    Options

Fizz website says everything is running well. I didn't check Vidéotron. I've been told by one person to provide appointment times starting tomorrow for 3 time ranges. I provided all weekend time essentially. Then another replied and said to provide 5 different times and that the technicians are already fully booked for the next 5 days 🤷‍♀️

Someone on here yesterday said the technician didn't show up and hiss status said he was missing at the appointment, so he had to be rebooked. Curious this isn't done more proactively from Fizz side when it's not the client's fault. Something is telling me this issue is much wider than stated by any CS rep and Fizz website but they will make everyone wait over a week without internet. I work from home so you can see how this is a problem.

• almalexiel
    Options

Mind you it took 5 hours before anyone replied to me at 1am, and since I get replies within 30 minutes to 1,5 hour in between. That is hardly ideal. It looks like there's 2 employees and they just cycle between every message so they get to you only after having done one reply per person. At least that's how it feels.

If it takes over a week then I will lose my job.

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,091 ✭✭
    Options

@Whizz I believe that you need to check the line, it doesn't seem to be a DNS problem, but a signal problem/congestion

• almalexiel
    Options

@elena code xzi4t Any suggestion on this? I'm in a triplex with all walls connected to neighbors. The line is going outside straight from the brick wall and I'm not sure what to do. Is there something I could check myself?

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 5,091 ✭✭
    Options

If you have multiple coaxial cable try a different one

Some of your neighbors use Videotron or any other provider with a coaxiale cable? If it is the case ask if they have any problem

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,534 admin
    Options

Hello @almalexiel ,

I am really sorry for the situation encountered.

Following my verification into your account, you already discussed with one of my colleagues from Customer Support in order to schedule an appointment with one of our technician's regarding the issue encountered.

Once the appointment will be planned, you will receive a confirmation email with the exact date and time. More information can be found here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-manage-appointment-technician-visit-my-service-address .

Thank you for your kind understanding.

Have a great day,
    -Valentina, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.