New customer: Calls are noisy

Options
zsuleiman
zsuleiman Posts: 4
edited April 25 in My Mobile
Hi there,

I recently made the switch to Fizz.
I have an iPhone 12 Pro, my settings are set to LTE, and I have rebooted my phone several times.

To make sure it was not a hardware issue, I made calls on Whatsapp, and there were no issues (meaning my speaker is not broken). I tested incoming and outgoing calls, and they are both very noisy.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Answers

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,822 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @zsuleiman

Can you try with another phone?

The iPhone is using multiple microphone it can also be that whatsapp doesn't use the same microphone

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,379 admin
    Options

Hello @zsuleiman

Please test the Sim card in another phone and if the issue persists, contact us directly by accessing this link, so we can investigate this matter further: https://fizz.ca/en/support

I also advise you to have a look on the microphone settings of the iPhone and turn on 'Voice isolation' mode & verify the quality of the calls again.📞

Thanks for your understanding.

Have a good rest,🌙⭐️

-Ingrid, Community Moderator

• zsuleiman
    zsuleiman Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I figured out the issue. iPhone 12 Pro has two microphones. For fizz to work properly, you need to have it set on Voice Isolation.

How do you do this? You do it once when making an outgoing call. You swipe down to your Control centre, and on the top right corner, there is a Microphone option feature where you can switch between
    1. Standard
    2. Voice Isolation
    3. Wide Spectrum

Voice Isolation is what made it work properly.

Hope this helps.
This discussion has been closed.