Internet down for almost two hours now.

Options
Gervi
Gervi Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited April 25 in Internet

I have been without internet for almost 2 hours now… I tried chatting with an agent but the chat icon does nothing when I go to contact customer support page… there are two options... one is specifically to my account and the other is a general question option.… both do nothing… I need help please

Ps, modem has been reset and all devices connect to it... but they all say no internet

Answers

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,466 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Gervi , check if there's a Videotron outage in the area where you leave, otherwise the only thing you can do is insisting with customer support unfortunately

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,822 ✭✭
    edited April 24
    Options

Hi @Gervi

it seems a problem in your sector, can you tell us the led status of the modem?

Probably the two light with the arrow symbol in the detail

Pour la chat avez vous essay. ici https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Gervi
    edited April 24
    Options

Every LED is solid green... only 5G blinking ocassionally and that is the page I tried cotacting support... but the icons not doing anything might be cause I am on my phone not a PC

• elena code xzi4t
    edited April 24
    Options

Strange it seems that you have internet

Can you check with another device?

Are you using a special DNS?

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

On my iPhone is working if I click on the green bubble with a question mark and I pick chat

• Gervi
    Options

All

I checked on 3 tablets and 2 laptops... no special DNS or anything. And videotron states no outages in montreal. They must be doing maintenance... just frustrating there is no notice, internet just drops.... I was watching a good show to...

• elena code xzi4t
    edited April 24
    Options

If you are familiar with the terminal (cmd or powershell in Windows), could you try
    ping 15.197.237.196
    I am intrigued by the led status

• Gervi
    Options

It timed out.... dang haven't used a DOS prompt since early 2000s..... sun came out so going fishing for the rest of the afternoon. Hope they finish whatever they are doing soon …thank you for the assistance. Much apreciated

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,378 admin
    Options

Hello @Gervi

I kindly have to inform you that I have verified your network connection in my tools and looking over the mainline reference diagnostics, I noticed there are some maintenance works carried out in your area.
    At this moment, I can only assure you that our technicians are working around the clock to restore the service in the shortest possible time, so you can enjoy the service that you are paying for at full capacity.

As a useful tip, for the moment, I can only suggest you check the light "@" of your modem from time to time and if it is not blinking ( lit green), your connection was restored and you will need to electrically restart the modem once more.
    To restart the modem, you can disconnect the power cable from the back, wait for 30 seconds then plug it back in.
    Here you can see more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

Thank you for your understanding and patience!

Have a good rest,

-Ingrid, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.