Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g VolTe Compatibility

Options
Llitocaba
Llitocaba Posts: 3
edited March 25 in My Mobile
I'm trying to activate VolTe on my Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5g, but doesn't work. I'm wondering if my phone is compatible with the VolTe with Fizz?

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,480 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi

try to disable the wifi, make a call and check if the signal stay in lte

if stay in LTE during the call this means that you are using the VoLTE

the option is enable automatically by Fizz

Answers

• Pascal
    Pascal Posts: 5,897 ✭✭
    Options

You can active the VoLTE but for now is not a big deal the VoLTE with Fizz

On or Off have no difference

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,480 ✭✭
    Options

On my Samsung the volte is not modifiable when using the fizz’s Sim, when fizz is provisioning it disabled the possibility to modify the setting on the Samsung

moreover using the VoLTE the connection when you dial is a bit faster, the call quality is better and if you never need to use internet during the call is using 4G instead 3G

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,095 ✭✭
    Options

Did you check on the list of volte certified phone of Fizz... If it's in there and your sim card has a red bolt on it, it should definitely work... If it doesn't work, you should contact customer service

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,221 admin
    edited March 27
    Options

Hello Llitocaba,

As elena code xzi4t mentioned, one way to test if Volte is enabled on your phone, is to place a call and watch the type of signal you receive on your phone. If it says LTE, then you have nothing to worry about, you are using Volte. 
    If you need further assistance, please contact our customer service representatives in private. 

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator

• Llitocaba
    Llitocaba Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks all for your comments. I tried to call without wifi and the 4G LTE is replaced by the 3G so I guess it is not working. @elena code xzi4t is your phone same model as mine?
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,221 admin
    Options

Hello Llitocaba,

If your phone is on the compatible phones list on this FAQ https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices, feel free to contact our customer service representatives, and they will do their best to help you out. You can use the same FAQ to contact us. 

Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.