Why are plans offered to new customers at 4GB cheaper for new customers?

Options
Amandeep Mann
Amandeep Mann Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited February 24 in Welcome and join

Why are the new 4GB plans cheaper for new customers vs for those of us who’ve been with fizz for 5 years?!

Best Answer

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,505 ✭✭
    edited February 22 Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Amandeep Mann

The plan is offered to all the members, however, you need to modify your plan in order to have it

Fizz doesn't modify your plan, and you should check at least once a month, sometime you can have more data or a lower price by a promotion

To change your plan:
    1.  Go to My Plans in your Fizz account.
    2. Scroll to the plan you wish to change.
    3. Click on Manage > Adjust your plan.
    4. Use the Plan Wizard to adjust your data, minutes, texts and Calling Options (international calls and voicemail).
    5. As you adjust your plan details, you will see your new monthly fee in the box below.
    6. When you like what you see, click Save Changes.
    7. Changes take effect at the start of your next payment cycle.

Important – Any change to your plan must be made in accordance with the plan change policy detailed on https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy. 

Good to know: Keep in mind the freeze period during which your plan cannot be modified. Ideally, aim to submit your changes when there are at least 4.5 days (108 hours) left in your current payment cycle. How can you know? Go in your account > My plans. Look right under your monthly price and you will see the days remaining in your payment cycle.

La guide https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-change-my-mobile-plan

Answers

• swatt
    swatt Posts: 3,528 ✭✭
    Options

You only have to modify your plan to get this price. Check the website at least once a month to take advantage of new offers and lower prices.

• Amandeep Mann
    Amandeep Mann Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

Okay, I understand, but my concern was more about sticking with you guys for 5 years to get our plans lowered and now they’re suddenly available to everyone. Why aren’t we getting more rewards for sticking here for so long?

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,505 ✭✭
    edited February 22
    Options

Hi @Amandeep Mann

First off all here we are users with the exception to the Whizz

First is giving rewards check this link https://fizz.ca/en/rewards-program or

Moreover, check in your account you can have reward waiting to be applied, and yes you need to apply yourself :(

I extract this from the guide

To apply an upgrade on your plan:

If your plan does not include mobile data, you can still activate an upgrade for data. You may have to configure your APN settings to have access to that data tough.

Your plan showcases more than one available slot? Take advantage of the situation and assign an upgrade to each of those slots. Say for example you have an upgrade of 250 MB of mobile data, and another of 500 MB. Once these two upgrades have been activated on your plan, you’ll get to enjoy 750 MB (250+500) of extra mobile data each month.

1. Log into your account, and go to Overview.
    2. In the left column, click on the summary that shows your My Rewards level. You can also scroll down below your usage summary to My Rewards and click on See details.
    3. Open the tab in the lower right-hand corner.
    4. Select the upgrade and click on Apply.
    5. At that moment, you’ll see the white boxes below your plan start to move. Those are the slots where your upgrade can be applied.
      • The slots with a + sign are ready to welcome your upgrade.
      • If you select a slot where there’s already another upgrade, we’ll ask you to confirm the swap. If you accept, the new upgrade will be applied to your plan come your next payment cycle.
      • Some slots are locked and cannot welcome an upgrade yet. You’ll unlock these slots when you reach higher My Rewards levels
    6. Select the slot by clicking on it.
    7. Your upgrade will be activated on your plan at the start of your next payment cycle.

• paradis_WZQGA
    paradis_WZQGA Posts: 487 ✭✭
    Options

Benefizz rewards are there for people sticking here. 1, 2 and 3 slots to upgrade the account with rebate or data.

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 600 ✭✭
    edited February 22
    Options

I wouldn't complaint for having a new cheaper plan. I'll be happy.

I've been with Fizz since Nov-2018. I recently switched to cheaper plan with more data, not once but twice. And I'm simply happier.

• kokoboko
    kokoboko Posts: 326 ✭✭
    Options

I think is about the BETA prices in ON. So great deal for 6 months.

• Michael P. 72994
    Michael P. 72994 Posts: 102 ✭✭
    Options

You just have to ask for the new price. Go to My plans, change, and you will see the new price. You can choose the new price, applicable from next cycle. I was assured that there is no lost of benefits.

• Code:8CE6H
    Code:8CE6H Posts: 8,140 ✭✭
    Options

Fizz has the best prices and the best plans. 😉

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,232 admin
    Options

Hello Amandeep Mann,

We appreciate the fact that you are a loyal customer. Being a loyal customer means that you managed to get quite ahead in the My Rewards program while also encountering many plan offers that you may or may not have taken. 

The thing is that Fizz provided some plans at a cheaper price at the time you subscribed, and it was your right to keep it that way, so we did not modify it, however, times are evolving, and so are our service and plans.

As you already know, Fizz does not provide special treatment to any customer, therefore, the new offers are available to every one of you, and they are just a few clicks away, by using a plan change. 

Feel free to reach out to our customer service if you need more information on this matter. 
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator

This discussion has been closed.