Blackberry key 2

Options
eric N. #39105
eric N. #39105 Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited February 3 in My Mobile

Hello everyone, after many many attempts and over 6 hours of "chat" with "support", I still cannot get my bberry key 2 to connect to the fizz network. The phone has been certified by fizz to meet all network requirements yet when their sim card is inserted we NEVER have a connection to a cellular network.

Does anyone have any ideas...yes all APN parameters have been configured, the phone has been reset multiple times.

Thanks.

Answers

• eric N. #39105
    Options

Just to add, this phone has previously worked on Fizz but now does not, for no apparent reason.

Also, if anyone from fizz is reading this, I have 3 phones with you as well as home internet so please and thank you.

• CandyCris
    CandyCris Posts: 685 ✭✭
    Options

Did you trying putting the SIM into another phone to see if it still works?

• NAD83MTM8
    NAD83MTM8 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭
    Options
  • eric N. #39105
    Options

The phone work with bell sim card but not with fizz but previously worked on fizz

• NAD83MTM8
    NAD83MTM8 Posts: 2,052 ✭✭
    Options

By previously do you mean with the same SIM card?

And does this SIM card work in one of your other phones?

• eric N. #39105
    Options

My phone previously worked with the current sim, my sim from fizz works in all my other phones. My other fizz sim card do not work in the blackberry either

• eric N. #39105
    Options
  • eric N. #39105
    Options

sim card from another company works in the blackberry

• eric N. #39105
    Options

the sim is in another phone right now and works perfectly

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,522 ✭✭
    Options

Did you try to choose the carrier manually? Maybe try Fizz-EXT 🤔.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

Hello! I'm sorry to hear about the troubles you're experiencing with connecting your BlackBerry Key 2 to the Fizz network. It can be quite frustrating when a device that's supposed to be compatible doesn't connect as expected. Let's go through some potential solutions:

1. Check Network Compatibility: Ensure that your BlackBerry Key 2 is compatible with the Fizz network bands. Even though it has been certified by Fizz, it's good to double-check the network frequencies and bands supported by your phone and compare them with Fizz's network.
    2. SIM Card Activation: Verify that your Fizz SIM card is activated correctly. Sometimes, issues with SIM card activation can lead to connectivity problems.
    3. Network Settings: Since you've already configured the APN settings, consider checking other network-related settings. Sometimes, selecting the network operator manually can help. Go to Settings > More > Cellular networks > Network operators and try selecting Fizz manually.
    4. SIM Card Placement: Ensure the SIM card is inserted correctly and that the SIM tray is free of damage. If possible, try the SIM card in another device to confirm it's working properly.
    5. Software Update: Make sure your BlackBerry Key 2 is updated to the latest software version. Sometimes connectivity issues are resolved with software updates.
    6. Reset Network Settings: You mentioned resetting the phone, but specifically resetting network settings can sometimes resolve such issues. This will erase all network settings, returning them to factory defaults.
    7. Check for Physical Damage: Inspect your phone for any signs of physical damage, especially around the SIM card slot or internal components that might affect network connectivity.

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, they will create a ticket if the situation warrants it.

We cannot contact directly to technical support.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,300 admin
    Options

Hello eric N. #39105,

Sorry to hear about this situation. I would kindly suggest you open Settings on your phone,  scroll down to Wireless and Networks, click on More > Mobile Networks > Network operators, turn off automatic if needed, and then choose one of the Fizz networks in the list. 

If the issue persists you should go back to Mobile network settings, then click on Preferred network type, and switch to LTE/ 4G / 3G /2G or LTE/  4G / 3G.

Please note that this is a route found online and may not be an exact one, depending on your phone model, android versions, etc. 
    Feel free to reach out to us in private if you need further assistance. 
    Have a good one!
    -Sergiu, Community Moderator. 

• Liwei
    Liwei Posts: 254 ✭✭
    Options

I didn't know Blackberry still existed then I did a quick Google search and this is what it gave me:

"BlackBerry phones are officially defunct and are physically unable to function. In January 2022, BlackBerry Limited CEO John Chen confirmed that the infrastructure — operating system, software, and services — of the BlackBerry, which had been around for two decades, was being decommissioned."

• Patricia C5YQZ
    Patricia C5YQZ Posts: 2,705 ✭✭
    Options

Black Berry!!! I think it's better to buy a new phone

This discussion has been closed.