No data or call since plan change

Options
FaresFizz
FaresFizz Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited December 2023 in My Mobile

Hello,

I took advantage of the new 3gb plan to make some savings and switched to it. I also downgraded coverage from Canada to Quebec only.

As the plan took effect yesterday, I immediately lost LTE and ability to call and receive calls. I seem to be able to send and receive texts. LTE constantly switches between on and off so I'm able to receive internet chats sometimes but it's mostly not working. Phone calls just don't work in any direction.

On top of this the new volte SIM I received did not activate successfully and I have to use the older SIM. This happened prior to the plan change but did not interrupt service at all.

I don't know what to do and neither does technical team it seems.

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,321 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello FaresFizz,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that a ticket was escalated for the issue reported.
    The technical team is currently working on your issue and as soon as we have a solution, you will be informed via email with all  the details.
    You can track the ticket in your account> my settings> My tickets.
    I count on your understanding and patience!
    Have a wonderful day!
    -Eugen, Community Moderator

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,098 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @FaresFizz

For this problem only the support can help r the @Whizz if you already contact them

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Options

It sounds like you're experiencing a few issues after changing your plan with Fizz, including losing LTE, inability to make or receive calls, and trouble with a new VoLTE SIM card. Here are some steps and considerations that might help resolve these issues:

1. Network Settings: Since you changed your plan coverage from Canada-wide to Quebec only, check your phone's network settings to ensure they align with your new plan. If your phone is still set to look for networks outside Quebec, this might cause connectivity issues.
    2. APN Settings: Verify that your Access Point Name (APN) settings are correctly configured for Fizz. Incorrect APN settings can lead to internet connectivity issues.
    3. SIM Card Activation: Regarding the new VoLTE SIM card, it's possible that there was an issue during activation. You can try reactivating it via your Fizz account, or use the older SIM if it still works fine. However, the older SIM might not support all the newer network features like VoLTE.
    4. LTE Connectivity: The issue with LTE constantly switching on and off might be due to the change in your plan coverage. Ensure your phone's network mode is set to automatically select the best available network type (LTE/3G/2G).
    5. Manual Network Selection: Try manually selecting the network on your phone. Sometimes, phones can struggle to connect to the right network automatically after plan changes.
    6. Restart Your Phone: If you haven't already, restart your phone. This can sometimes resolve network connectivity issues that arise after plan changes.
    7. Check for Phone Updates: Ensure your phone's software is up to date. Sometimes, connectivity issues can be resolved with a software update.
  • FaresFizz
    FaresFizz Posts: 6 ✭✭
    Options

We're 4 days later and still no resolution.

I don't know how many days I can tolerate having no service at all. I'm extremely frustrated and have started looking at getting a plan elsewhere...

It's very concerning that there is no sense of urgency in solving these kind of issues... Or even just communicate with me what's up. I'm literraly getting nothing from customer service.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,528 ✭✭
    Options

@Whizz this is unacceptable.

This discussion has been closed.