new Pixel 8 box was not sealed upon arrival

Options
philip G. #20342
philip G. #20342 Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Phones

Hello,

I got my Pixel 8, bought brand new on your website and when I opened the package the phone box was unsealed and resealed with to clear stickers... I find that rather odd and I'd like to have a sealed Pixel 8 sent to me.

Best Answer

• Easygolucky
    Easygolucky Posts: 1,089 ✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you need to contact Fizz customer service, they will create a ticket if the situation warrants it.

We cannot contact directly to technical support.

The idea of this page https://fizz.ca/en/contact-us is to explain how you can access the chat bubble. If you do a search in the Solution Hub related to your issue and access the help page the chat bubble will appear at the right corner.

If the chat bubble does not appear, this means that the number of sessions waiting for our answers surpasses our processing capacity. If that happens, send us a private message via Facebook Messenger or Twitter.

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,517 ✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

This is definitely not good 🤦🏻‍♂️. Kind of used phone sold as new 🤔.

• Alexsolo
    Alexsolo Posts: 708 ✭✭
    Options

I would initiate a return or contact Fizz support through the help/chat page and ask for a replacement.

If you paid for new, it should be FACTORY SEALED.

This is new-open box, and should've been priced appropriately.

Let us know if you get this resolved!

• Easygolucky
    Options

It does sound unusual to receive a new phone with a box that appears to have been opened and then resealed. I can understand your concern about receiving a brand new Pixel 8 in that condition.

• Easygolucky
    Options

Here's what I would suggest:

1. Document Everything: Before you do anything else, take photos of the packaging and the seals. This can serve as evidence of how the phone was received.
    2. Check the Phone's Condition: Examine the phone itself carefully. Look for any signs of use or damage. Also, check all accessories to ensure they are present and appear unused.
    3. Contact Customer Service: Reach out to Fizz's customer service. Explain the situation and provide them with the photos you took. It's important to do this as soon as possible to make sure your concern is documented early.
    4. Request for Replacement: Ask them for a replacement with a factory-sealed Pixel 8. Since you bought it new from their website, you should rightfully expect a new, unopened product.
    5. Return Process: They will likely guide you through the return process for the phone you received. Follow their instructions carefully to ensure a smooth exchange.
    6. Keep Records: Keep a record of all communications with customer service, including emails or chat logs. This can be helpful if there are any follow-up issues.

• CandyCris
    CandyCris Posts: 683 ✭✭
    Options

That's not good. I just bought a phone from Fizz too, but mine looked like it was factory sealed.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,287 admin
    Options

Hello philip G. #20342,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I suggest that you reach out to us in private in order to address this specific situation with your phone. 
    You can test the phone to see if it works correctly and if you still have doubts, you can return the phone in the 15-day return policy. You will receive a full refund and then you can order a new one from our website if you want to.
    We can verify this situation more in private. 
    You can use the steps provided by Easygolucky  to reach out to us.

Thank you very much for your kind understanding!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.