SIM change (outside of Canada)

Gheorghi O.
Gheorghi O. Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited October 2023 in Your Fizz Account

Hello Fizz people!

Currently, I'm outside of Canada. Could you please tell me if it is still possible to use the old SIM till March?

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• Gheorghi O.
    Gheorghi O. Posts: 3 ✭✭

Thank you for the answer!

• uzedia
    uzedia Posts: 1,235 ✭✭

Hope it helps but you can always contact the support as well. I prefer to do it via Facebook Messenger.😊

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,660 ✭✭

@Whizz could you please confirm that the old SIM card will be working till March?

• snow_code_ROZ9N
    snow_code_ROZ9N Posts: 95 ✭✭

As I know, you can not continue use FIZZ service if you are out of coverage more than 3 months.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 21,508 admin

Hello Gheorghi O.,

You will still be able to use the old SIM card, however, while in the United States it will come with some limitations, as it is not compatible with the VoLTE network, as uzedia  mentioned. You should still be able to use mobile data if you have the right Coverage or Travel Add-on. 
    To also answer to Andrei_ref_R7VK1, it should be working, however,  as snow_code_ROZ9N pointed, the majority of the usage should be on our network, therefore, if you are roaming for a longer time, to take the example already provided, three months, the access to the partner networks may be restricted. 

Feel free to reach out to our customer service in private if you need more information. 
    Cheers!
    -Sergiu

This discussion has been closed.