Why are discussions in the Fizz Community closed before a solution can be shared?

Options
John W. #1481
John W. #1481 Posts: 14 ✭✭
edited October 2023 in My Mobile

Why are discussions in the Fizz Community closed before a solution can be shared?

I started a discussion the other day and it was closed after I said that I had a ticket with Fizz support. Simply having a ticket number is not a solution to the problem I (and others) raised; it might have led to my problem being fixed, but it won't help anyone later. This seems to go against the purpose of having a public forum and sharing solutions so others can learn how to solve things for themselves.

Perhaps this discussion will be closed as well...

Best Answer

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,378 admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello John W. #1481,
    Thank you for your question.
    If an issue cannot be resolved with the troubleshooting steps we provide and are available on our FAQs, then it will lead to a ticket. 
    That means you will have to contact our customer support team to escalate it. 
    For the forum, if an issue leads to a ticket, that means the input our community members is limited and at times there is nothing more to add. That is the moment when a discussion is closed. 
    Also, we are closing them after 2 days if there is no activity on the thread. 
    Most of the community users that post a question, never review it or come back here if they also write to our support team. So, do our best to give a bit of explanation on how the issue was resolved and we close the post.

That would be the reason why your post was closed. 

The issue might not be resolved with our message, however the issue will be resolved with the customer service and in some cases with a ticket or other ways that cannot be discussed in a public place.   

Thank you for your understanding!
    I wish you a great day!
    -Eugen

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,545 ✭✭
    Options

Agree, this happens quite often.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,111 ✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Hi @John W. #1481

That is the @Whizz that for some reason thought that the problem is solved with the open ticket and decide to close it.

Only the Whizz can tell you why he did it

Probably they do that to limit the spam from members posting on open message only to gain points, people replay to post two years old :D asking if the problem was solved

• John W. #1481
    John W. #1481 Posts: 14 ✭✭
    Options

Yeah, but I'm talking about a discussion I opened two days ago. I could imagine closing a discussion that had no engagement for a month, but not one that was closed within a day of the last post.

"Only the Whizz can tell you why he did it"

So, @Whizz, why did you close the discussion? Is obtaining a ticket number considered a solution?

This discussion has been closed.