New install, no internet

Options
Hersh
Hersh Posts: 9
edited October 2023 in Internet
Have had modem hooked to cable for 3 days. Download light been blinking since then. Never went solid. Have been in queue to chat with fizz rep for over 2 hours. Frustrated. Anyone suggest a trick? Have tried unplugging and restarting. Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,325 ✭✭
    Options

Hi

Verify the coaxial cable connection?

If the modem was received without the tech, you need to activate the connection from your account

• Hersh
    Options
    How does one “activate the connection from the account”? The fizz website account shows no option for activation. Unless you mean setup the modem with my name and password instead of the default? My devices see the modem…the issue is the modem doesn’t see the internet.
  • Hersh
    Options
    Also, have tried with 3 different coaxial cables.
  • Hersh
    Options
    How does one activate the account? There doesn’t seem to be an option to do so in my profile on the fizz website. Unless you mean to use the app to change the username and password of the modem itself? If so, there’s no problem there. My wifi devices see the modem…but the modem isn’t seeing the internet have tried 3X coaxial cables, same deal.
  • vanigh
    vanigh Posts: 328 ✭✭
    Options

Good day Hersh

Try this

Activate your modem (if applicable*) 
    • You should see a tile with your order details in the Overview section. If not, go to My settings ­>­­ Order history.  
    • Activate your modem. It will then switch to the speed associated with your plan.   
    • *If an installation appointment with a technician was scheduled with your Home Internet order, this step does NOT apply to you.

Follow these steps if you haven't done it so

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-install-my-wi-fi-modem

Sometimes it takes few minutes to get connected to Fizz server.

• jiyingss
    jiyingss Posts: 1,165 ✭✭
    Options

Please let me know if the problem been solved or not, because I will receive my modem Thursday morning. Hopefully there will be no issues for me then. Thanks

• Hersh
    Options
    I see “wifi modem activated” on the website.
  • Hersh
    Options
    I see “wifi modem activated” in my account. But, still, no internet
  • Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,251 admin
    Options

Hello Hersh,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you contacted us in private on October 8th and we have set up an appointment with a technician for you in order to connect the coaxial outlet to the infrastructure. It seems that since the last time that outlet worked, there were some renovations and it got disconnected in the meantime. 

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.