blackberry key 2

Options
eric N. #39105
eric N. #39105 Posts: 26 ✭✭
edited September 2023 in My Mobile

Hi everyone does anyone know if a blackberry key 2 will work on fizz these days?

Answers

• eric N. #39105
    Options

I absolutely love my key 2 please help!!!

• M T. #12340
    M T. #12340 Posts: 606 ✭✭
    Options

You need to verify that your BlackBerry key 2 model is compatible with Fizz by reading the following https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices

• eric N. #39105
    Options

Hello compatibility has been confirmed, have spent 4 hours in a chat with fizz support and still no help

• Ivaylo_Code_W6WLS
    Ivaylo_Code_W6WLS Posts: 391 ✭✭
    Options

I mean if your phone is unlocked and takes a sim card then it should work in theory

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,300 admin
    edited September 2023
    Options

Hello @eric N. #39105,

I’m sorry for the situation you have encountered.

I have verified your Fizz member account and I can see that everything is fine. Your phone has the 1700/2100 frequencies.

However, this phone model won't work with the VoLTE technology which is necessary for the USA services, because it is not Fizz VoLTE-certified. You need a Fizz VoLTE-certified phone so you can use the VoLTE network for calls and texts in the USA (data will still work even if your phone is not VoLTE-certified). You can verify this here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/compatible-devices.

I hope you have a pleasant day!

-Mihai

• eric N. #39105
    Options

USA services not necessary I am in Montreal, Canada. I have now spent more that 6 hours trying everything that support has asked me to do and nothing works, why is this not working, please help

• eric N. #39105
    Options

Just one more thing that adds to the "mystery", this phone used to work on fizz!

This discussion has been closed.