Changed my sim card, now what

Options
Jffan
Jffan Posts: 19 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in My Mobile

Hello helpful people,

I just received my new phone. I put my new VoLTE sim card in and activate it. Then, I waited all day for my old phone to upload my info into the new one. Seeing as both my old and new sim cards work, do I need to cancel my old one and do something else in my account in order not to be charged for 2 phones? Or will the old sim card and phone be deactivated eventually without me doing anything?

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭
    Options

you have nothing to do you just have a package

• Jffan
    Options

I have two phones. My new sim card went into my new phone. The old one was not VoLTE approved and that's why I bought a new one but the old aim card in it still has LTE so my guess is that it's still activated.

• J_L_79471_ref_F77OI
    J_L_79471_ref_F77OI Posts: 131 ✭✭
    Options

@Jffan

You need to activate the new one. There were simple instructions coming with it, just follow the steps.

• Jffan
    Options

It's activated... and the old one is my old phone is too...

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    Options

HI @Jffan

Your situation is not clear.

Did you create a new plan or did you activate the new sim on the old plan?

The SIM card was bought with the phone? Or you order the SIM with this link https://zone.fizz.ca/dce/customer-ui-prod/simcard/free-order?step=quantity

Are you able to make calls with bought phone with the two cards?

I don't want to give you instructions before understanding your situation.

To me this what you did, bought a new phone, probably you asked for a new SIM and probably you activated a new plan, since you are saying that the two phone have an active SIM

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,379 admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Hello Jffan ,
    Thank you for describing your situation to us.
    Once you have activated your new Fizz SIM card, you have to wait about 2 hours for the system to register the change.
    I just verified your Fizz member account and I can see that the system completed your SIM card change order and now you can only use your new Fizz SIM card. (the old Fizz SIM card was deactivated automatically)
    You both Fizz SIM cards were working because the SIM card change was in pending and the transfer sometimes is not immediate, this is why a delay of 2 hours might occur.
     You can see more details regarding this here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-can-i-change-sim-card-associated-my-mobile-plan.
    I hope you have a pleasant day!
    -Mihai

This discussion has been closed.