Fizz shady practices with "Accidental" Plan Change cancellation

Options
fcoursol
fcoursol Posts: 18 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Internet

Hello,

I've seen a few post regarding people who requested to change their internet to 200 mbps during the 50$ promotion but their request "accidentally" got cancelled.

This happened to me for the last 2 months and now that it's back to 55$ I'm pretty sure no "accidental" cancellation will happen.

Has anyone got anywhere talking with Fizz support? Is there any legal actions that can be taken since Fizz isn't respecting the Service Agreement they send with those change request?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,102 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @fcoursol

A user wrote that they propose 10$ refund to him

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,841 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

@fcoursol

you can ask for a discount a refund

contact the green bubble support at the bottom right https://fizz.ca/en/support

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,456 ✭✭
    Options

Just contact CS and ask for a refund!

• Kryton
    Kryton Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

We got the change to 200Mbps/$50 plan without an issue in this last discount cycle

• Alexandre L. 65218
    Alexandre L. 65218 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

i contacted a fizz customer service representative and he said he was sorry and that i have to pay the new price.

• Gablav91
    Gablav91 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    Options

Ask a discount to Fizz!

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry you couldn't get it!

...we had a smooth plan change, and the speed is superior to what we pay for.

Maybe in the future the plans will be lowered again🤞...

I see that the good promotional price that we had for the mobile lines in the past is back: 20gb of 39$ Canada wide, who know!?

Check often the prices or return to the forum to validate! 🌝

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,530 ✭✭
    Options

This should not be the case. The price should be adjusted according to your new service agreement. It was Fizz's fault that the new price was not applied. Please contact customer support and ask to escalate it to a superior level.

@Whizz please take a look.

• Alexandre L. 65218
    Alexandre L. 65218 Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Options

Quality service from Fizz 🤣

• victor P. #24677
    victor P. #24677 Posts: 27 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

This is weird. Do you have any proof that you signed up for the plan with the discount ? Also did you verify if is not just a promotion for a month or so ? Anyway you have to chat with customer service to solve the issue. Try to contact them again to get another representative . Usually that’s how it is with many companies, you have to get the right person to help you.

I hope your problem will be solved soon 👍🏻

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,345 admin
    Options

Hello @fcoursol,

I'm sorry for the situation you have encountered.

We have verified the situation you mentioned above and we created a ticket on which you received a message on 09/06/2023 and on 10/06/2023 (following your reply to us). In the message sent on 10/06/2023, we informed you that the plan change order cannot be placed because your payment cycle was in the freezing period. Please note that you are able to change your plan only according to our plan change policy (it will be effective starting with your next payment cycle > https://fizz.ca/en/plan-change-policy).

If you still have concerns regarding this situation, please use the chat bubble located in the lower right-hand corner of the Solution Hub pages to contact us and we will help you with any inquiry you might have.

I hope you have a pleasant day!

-Mihai

This discussion has been closed.