"Ghost" phone restock (pixel 7)

Options
MTeasdale
MTeasdale Posts: 137 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Phones

Hi guys,

I've been trying to grab a Pixel 7 for my wife for the last week or so, since the price dropped to 240$. I've missed the initial batch but every now and then, the phone will be back with "limited stock" but whatever I do, I can't seem to be able to add one and start the checkout process. These "ghost" restock have been happening about five times now and this is getting to get frustrating.

Is the pixel 7 back in stock or not? It's as if we're forced to play along a bad joke as every time I manage to refresh the page and it show in stock it ends up as a disappointment.

Did anybody actually managed to grab one with these "ghost" restock since the initial batch went for sale?

Answers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,510 ✭✭
    Options

We are all users here. Maybe @Whizz can provide more information.

• MTeasdale
    Options

I know we're all users here. That's the point, I was asking for fellow users to check if anyone managed to buy a Pixel 7 during the last week or so whenever these "ghost" stock reappeared...

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,825 ✭✭
    Options

it's sure he will be back but you have to watch often he will leave very quickly

• MTeasdale
    Options

I checked at 5 minutes intervals this morning. 5 mins prior it still showed out of stock. 5 minutes later it shows in stock but as soon as I click to buy the dreaded "out of stock / somebody was quicker than you" message appears.

• Frédéric D. 5630
    Frédéric D. 5630 Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Welcome to the club. There was an iPhone XR not long ago for a ridiculous price, never been able to get one. A Pixel 7 at 240 is also unusual. Even used. It would help if they added a "last in stock" date to the phones. This way we would have an Idea of the restocking frequency.

• Serhio
    Serhio Posts: 67 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I bought Pixel 7 last week on July 3rd in the evening.

• Chi Z. #41570
    Chi Z. #41570 Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

Hi, I was able to purchase one without issue for my mom after it was restocked.

I assume you might have been trying to purchase a white one? Attempting to add the white one to your cart would prompt a "someone was quicker than you" message, but adding a black one worked just one. The user interface could have been a bit clearer, but I did notice the button to select the white model was slightly greyed out, so I anticipated that one possibly being out of stock.

• Racoon
    Racoon Posts: 309 ✭✭
    Options

Can't get one either sadly

• MTeasdale
    Options

No, I was trying to grab a black one. I guess I wasn't lucky enough that's all.

• MTeasdale
    Options

Well, I managed to get one at noon today. As expected, they are all gone now.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,271 admin
    Options

Hello MTeasdale,
    Thank you for letting us know that you have managed to get the phone you wanted.
    The message you get can also be triggered if another user accessed the phone's purchase page before you, therefore, the website is keeping the phone for the client that is trying to purchase it until its purchase is validated.
    If it is validated in the end, the "someone was quicker than you" message shows up and you will have to insert your e-mail address in the provided field (if it is a new phone - not the preloved ones) on our website so you can be informed when it will get back in stock.
    You can also check the phone's page (if you're looking for a preloved phone) from time to time and see if it is back in stock, however, the situation you encountered is rather normal because once another client is faster than you, and gets through the payment process, the phone should remain assigned to his purchase. If the purchase page is canceled, then it gets back in stock for another client to purchase it.
    You can see more details regarding this here: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/why-buy-phone-fizz.
    I hope you have a pleasant day!
    -Mihai

This discussion has been closed.