Can receive Sms but I cant send sms

Maxime B. 69820
Maxime B. 69820 Posts: 5 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in My Mobile

Fizz sent me a new sim card for the Volte, since that time i have problem sending sms. I can only receive them. Today I changed my phone for a Samsung a54 5g from fizz and I have the same problem.

I did restart everything, re-install everything. I checked the Smsc , apn etc... and everything seem ok.

Could it be a defective Sim card, because everything started from there.

Thank you

Best Answer

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭

surely a problem at fizz

contact the green bubble support at the bottom right https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 7,732 ✭✭

Several users reported that after changing the SIM card to VoLTE they had issues. Try some basic TS steps and if it's not working, contact customer support.

• Mcherif
    Mcherif Posts: 10 ✭✭

It's possible that the problem is with the SIM card, but there are several other potential issues that could be causing the problem. Here are a few things you could try to further diagnose and possibly resolve the issue:

1. Try the SIM in another phone: If you have access to another phone, try putting the SIM card in that phone and see if you can send SMS messages. If you can, then the issue is likely with your Samsung A54 5G, rather than the SIM card.
    2. Check Your Message Center Number (SMSC): The Message Center number is responsible for sending and receiving SMS messages, and if it's not correctly set, you might not be able to send messages.
    3. Update Your Device's Software: Make sure that your Samsung A54 5G is running the latest version of its software. Sometimes, software updates can fix issues with sending or receiving SMS messages.
    4. Check for Any Blocking Settings or Apps: Ensure that there isn't a setting or app on your phone that might be blocking outgoing SMS messages. Some security apps, for example, might block certain types of communication as a way of protecting your device.

If you've tried all these steps and are still unable to send SMS messages, it would be a good idea to get in touch with Fizz customer support for further assistance.

• Maxime B. 69820

I have contacted fizz, will see what they will say. I did retry on my old phone and it seem to work, but I did also try on my girlfriend phone (she purchased the same as me) and it does not work. She dont use it now because she didnt get her new sim card. When she will get it I hope her will work. If not that mean there a probleme in general with the a54

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1

Hello @Maxime B. 69820,

I guess the workaround to change SMSC to Videotron's one worked on your Samsung A54 phone? Please let us know as it can help other users.

• Maxime B. 69820
    edited August 2023

Yes it did, thank you Andrei.

They should add this work around in there FAQ.

I also checked my wife sim card its the videotron number, but she is with fizz.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    edited August 2023

@Whizz can you please ask your technical team to analyse why while using Fizz's SMSC number (+14385200092) on several Samsung models (I am aware of A52, A54 and A03 so far) it's not possible to send SMS?

The weirdest part is that while connected to partners network (Fizz EXT) and using Fizz's SMSC it works. It also works on different phone models but not on Samsung.

PS. I have already tried all possible scenarios of troubleshooting and it's not working. The only workaround is to setup Videotron's SMSC (+15144240053) for now (we are lucky it's still working).

• Maxime B. 69820

I did check my old sim card of fizz and its the videotron smsc.

I believe Fizz use videotron network to work, so I dont think it will be a problem but I could be wrong.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1

IMHO as Fizz is a separate company, it must be working by using it's own settings.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1

@Whizz as there is no reply, I went ahead and opened the case #244588. Please check this out as I am trying to help you to avoid future issues.

• jeanco31
    jeanco31 Posts: 2 ✭✭

I have exactly the same problem. Since i use the new volte sim card. Check apn setting smsc number... The only differenve is even changing the smsc number to videotron or using fizz ext network doesn't work. Even on another phone it's not working. So, pretty sure it came from the new sim card. Can we came back on our old card?

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1

This is a slightly different issue. There were several users reporting this, obviously support was able to resolve it.

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 22,109 admin

Hello @Maxime B. 69820,

Thank you for describing the situation to us.

I have verified your account and I can see that a ticket was opened to our technical team regarding this situation.

You already received an answer for this ticket so please verify your e-mail's inbox (06/08/2023 at 09:30 AM). You can also verify your spam inbox if you cannot see our answer.

I hope you have a pleasant day!

-Mihai

This discussion has been closed.