Why did fizz ask for proof of identity and when will they ok me?

Options
Stuart W.
Stuart W. Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited August 2023 in Phones

I bought my 3rd phone and sim card two weeks ago.for soem reason they wanted from me proof of identity which I snet.They still are not recognizing me nor reay to activate my sim.what is happenning???

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,811 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

contact support there must be some details missing

green bubble bottom right https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,069 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Stuart W.

Sorry but I didn't get exactly

• If you need to swap the SIM, with one that you order, you need to prof your identity, using an ID with phone and the credit card associated with the plan, you can delete all the numbers at the exception of the last four
  • Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭
    Options

Some details are missing.

If you bought an additional SIM card for a new plan then this is weird.

If you want to change the existing SIM card with a new one for the same plan then this is the Fizz's usual procedure.

• Stuart W.
    Options

I bought a new phone and a new sim card (I had lost the old in the big rain the other week)

It was not the first time.I am ashamed; I kept telling myself to make sure the phone was registered to find in case of loss)

I sent them a pdf from my bank accountand a pic of the credit card

Still no action??

• Stuart W.
    Options

@Sébastien code ZXEL1 I tried many times to conatct

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,811 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

for a few weeks long support is long

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭
    Options

So this is the change of the SIM card for the same plan.

I am not sure if just the picture of your credit card and the statement of your bank account are enough for them. They usually ask for a piece of ID with your photo as well to prevent SIM swap attacks.

@Whizz could you please take a look and help?

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,095 ✭✭
    Options

I think only Fizz support can answer your question

• Gablav91
    Gablav91 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭
    Options

Contact the support on messenger por favor!

• kingTheod
    kingTheod Posts: 174 ✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

got my sim card, could not activate it after following their procedure.

so i requested a live chat support. After waiting for some time got someone but required to "prove my ID" as well in order to activate my sim card.

the lady even asked me a full copy of my credit card...ridiculous !! obviously i declined

she is either ignorant or careless, but i believe fizz employees are poorly trained to handle such sensitive data

there are a lot of newcomers joining fizz because it s affordable and many are not aware that giving away such highly sensitive data should be proscribed and definitely not recommended !

low cost carrier doesn't mean low cost security...

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 19,225 admin
    Options

Hello there! 

In regards to Stuart W.'s case, it appears to be related to them wanting to change the old SIM card with a new one which was resolved from the looks of it. 

As for the process, this is needed however when we ask for a picture of the credit card, we specifically say that we need the last 4 digits, the name and the expiration date. Once the transfer is done, we delete the pictures with the documents. This is also done 99% of the time in live chats since they are more secured than Facebook, WhatsApp or any other third party application. 

Have a good one!
    -Paul

This discussion has been closed.