I have not internet access. No one customer service agent contacted me!

Options
Stranger_Je
Stranger_Je Posts: 10 ✭✭
edited July 2023 in Internet

I have not internet access. No one customer service agent contacted me!

Best Answer

Answers

• Stranger_Je
    Options

Are you serious?!?

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,073 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hi @Stranger_Je

With the weather that we got it can be a problem nearby your house.

Can you check on the hydroquebec site, if there is an outage near your house? If a block or two from your house they don't have electricity you can be impacted you too.

You can try again to chat with them, or leave them a message in facebook if you have

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,813 ✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

probably due to weather conditions

we are users here

you can contact the green bubble support at the bottom right https://fizz.ca/en/support

• Jess_i88b6
    edited July 2023
    Options

I forgot to say, here we are users

From the Hydroquebec site, 143 223 customers without electricity only in Montréal

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭
    Options

Indeed, lots of customers are waiting for the electricity to cover back 🤞

• Stranger_Je
    Options

I have electricity. My home internet doesn't work

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited July 2023
    Options

you may have electricity but perhaps an internet network cable to break

restart your modem false that the two blue lights are on if its off it means that the internet is not going to the modems

• Surfero29
    Surfero29 Posts: 8 ✭✭
    Options

I live in a 4 story building, i lost internet even if i have electricity, my neighbors that are with videotron dont have access to internet nor tv, so the problem is with videotron thus fizz as well. Patience is key

• AK20230110
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yes, the trees damaged in many places the coaxial cables...

• Stranger_Je
    Options

All my neighbours have electricity. Also, my first neighbour have Fizz signal! I have restarted my home device 10 times. Doesn't work! I need a Fizz technician.

• Stranger_Je
    Options

My area does not have affected by the storm!

• AK20230110
    edited July 2023
    Options

I understand! You had no power failure in your area! ... Follow this procedure: 👇(I hope that helps)...

I asume you modem is powered up!

And all the cables are well tightened on place, and that the wire is not damaged!

.....You can consider resetting your Wi-Fi modem to its factory settings

IMPORTANT: This will reset any changes that have been made to your Wi-Fi modem settings to date. You may also need to reconfigure your devices’ Wi-Fi settings (network name, password, etc.).

Using a small, sharp object, press the modem’s reset button for 10 seconds.

Once your modem has restarted ( after about 20 minutes ), follow the same instructions you used when you initially installed it.

Reminder: The default username (Default Wi-Fi network) and password (Default key) for your Wi-Fi network are written on a sticker on the back of your Wi-Fi modem.

Try manually selecting different Wi-Fi channels on your modem:

A series of channels are available on each frequency (2.4 and 5 GHz) of your Wi-Fi modem. Interference can have an impact on these channels.

Manually changing the channels used for your Wi-Fi connection can improve your modem’s signal. ... 

Choose a channel that’s far from the one your modem currently uses, and test it for a few days to see whether things improve or not. Ex. Go from channel 6 to 11. Or, from channel 6 to 1:

Option 1: With the Fizz Wi-Fi app.

1. Once in the app, choose My Wi-Fi.

2. Select your Wi-Fi network.

3. Select Advanced settings.

4. You’ll see Wi-Fi 2.4 and Wi-Fi 5. Select a different channel for each frequency

Option 2: With a browser.

1. Connect to your Wi-Fi network. 

2. Open the browser on any device, and enter the address 192.168.0.1

3. Log in using these credentials:

Username: cusadmin

Password: (Enter your password, the one you chose when you initially configured your network)

4. In the green bar, select Wireless.

5. Then select:

Basic settings

5 GHz and/or 2.4 GHz

Wireless channel

6. Select a different channel.

https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it#6

If in doubt you can always consult with the customer support: https://fizz.ca/en/support

• LauraT
    LauraT Posts: 1 ✭✭
    Options

I have no internet, my modem is completely dead - it shows no signs of life even though my house has power. Fizz agents through any of the chat options are not responding. Please help!

• elena code xzi4t
    elena code xzi4t Posts: 4,502 ✭✭
    Options

Lucky you, this means that you don't leave in MTL, Laval, Rive sud, Ottawa ou Québec

• Stranger_Je
    Options

I don't have în Repentigny. My neighbor have!

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

Probably the wind or the heavy rain damage your cable, did you try to contact again the support this morning?

• Stranger_Je
    Options

J'ai ouvri le billet 240572 à 07:21 ce matin. Personne ne s'est pas occupée de ça !! C'est qui qui va payer pour mon télétravail que j'étais pas capable de le faire aujourd'hui à cause de Fizz ???

• AK20230110
    Options
  • Stranger_Je
    Options

I was open the ticket 240572 at 07:21 am. Nobody from Fizz was interested. Who will pay me for my job witch I couldn't do today because of Fizz?

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

Hi @Stranger_Je

From the videotron site

Videotron teams are mobilized and working to restore services in the areas affected as the power supply is restored:

Wired services (Internet, TV and wired telephony)

Montreal (southern and western sectors of the island, L'Île-Perrot)

South Shore of Montreal (Longueuil, Brossard, Boucherville, Chateaugay, Dorion, Sorel)

North Shore of Montreal (Laval (Fabreville/Ste-Rose), Terrebonne, Mascouche)

Lanaudière (Saint-Gérard-Majella, L'Assomption)

• Stranger_Je
    Options

Donc, pour moi à Repentigny, c'est personne qui s'occupe !

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

Here we are users, only the support can help you out

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

@Sébastien code ZXEL1 Read the post 90% is in english, posted in english part (only 3 post are in french) @Whizz

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    edited July 2023
    Options

contact support we are subscribers here surely that the sound technicians have repaired the broken network everywhere. you must be patient

https://fizz.ca/en/support

I missed 20 hours of electricity in montreal-est

• AK20230110
    edited July 2023
    Options

Hello

@Stranger_Je

I believe you started the forum in English, yet we are continuing in French...

Looks like?!....

Sorry for the confusion! ✌️

• Jess_i88b6
    edited July 2023
    Options

I find it unfair to report a post answering with language used from the user which opened the post when responding. In a way, I believe it is a form of respect as well. In the meantime, I like to continue with the language used from the beginning for a coherence.

• AK20230110
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Jess_i88b6

Thanks for noticing

You are fast 👍

• Stranger_Je
    Options

Hello AK20230110 and Jess_i88b6,

Thanks for advertising me about the only one language used on this forum!

It's very appreciated!

I will never post again.

PS, I was believing that in Canada are 2 official languages.. Or maybe not...

Have the best!

• Jess_i88b6
    edited July 2023
    Options

The point is different. The forum is divided into two languages: one for English and one for French. When I saw one user flagging the French posts, my point was directed towards that user, as in my opinion, it was not supposed to do it. It was not intended for you. All I meant to say was that I was continuing to post in English for the respect of the forum. Perhaps you misunderstood my post, and I apologize for any confusion.

• AK20230110
    edited July 2023
    Options

@Stranger_Je... it's me that should apologize, because I got carried away and answer you back ( without double checking the main language that the post started on ).

Yes, we sometimes get carried away! And i am proud that we can do it!

🥂 Cheers 🥂

PS... Any news from the support?

• elena code xzi4t
    Options

Is the problem solved?

This discussion has been closed.