Activation page error message

Options
DNP
DNP Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited June 2023 in My Mobile

I've been having nothing but trouble trying to activate a new SIM card and Port an existing phone number from Freedom Mobile. I've tried repeatedly, filling out all the forms and jumping through the hoops on the activation page. I've done this a few times in the past without any issues.

Today, however, I get a silly error message at the final step that says:

"There has been an error. Please try again."

After wasting time arguing with the Fizz chatbot, and getting nowhere trying to communicate with an actual person over SMS and WhatsApp, I'm hoping I can find some help here.

I get the same error whether trying to activate using my Android phone, my iPad, or my Windows desktop.

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,313 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Here we are users

this is from their guide

It is possible to transfer your phone number to your new Fizz plan, but first and foremost DO NOT CANCEL YOUR CURRENT CONTRACT. Only active numbers are eligible for transfer to a new provider.

The choice to transfer your current number is made when you activate your SIM. To learn more, see: How do I transfer my current phone number to Fizz?

Your number will be transferred and activated within two hours of activating your SIM card. To learn more about this, see: I just activated my SIM card. How long before I can use my plan? 

I am having difficulty transferring my number. Why?

There are several reasons why we may have been unable to transfer your current phone to your Fizz plan. You will receive an in-account notification explaining why the transfer failed and providing next steps for solving the problem. How to check your Fizz notifications

Reasons why we may be unable to transfer your number:

1. The number you entered was not recognized by your current mobile provider.

You may have mistyped your current phone number. Verify your phone number and try again.

Note that we can only transfer mobile numbers coming from the province of Quebec or the Ottawa region. Your number must also be in the Fizz subscription area. If your number starts with an area code outside the subscription area, your number cannot be transferred to Fizz

i don’t know if this can help

tgis is the full guide .https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-having-problems-transferring-my-current-phone-number-to-fizz-why-what-can-i-do

also can you try to use the browser in private mode and if you can using a computer

someone reported problem using the mobile browser

• DNP
    Options

Yes, I know how the process is supposed to work, and that you cannot cancel your existing number first.

I have confirmed my account number with freedom mobile I have confirmed the IMEI number on the phone I will use, and the phone number has been mine for many years, and it's an Ottawa 613 number. I also called Freedom to make sure there is nothing wrong at their end.

• Jess_i88b6
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi @DNP

Can you try with a computer and using the browser in private mode?

If you put the IMEI you don't need the account #, probably try with only the IMEI without the account #

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

The best way to contact the support is the chat, ask to talk with the agent

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/im-unable-log-my-fizz-account-what-do-i-do

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 7,045 ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

only support can help you

• DNP
    Options

Good idea, had not thought of that. However, same result. :(

• Jess_i88b6
    edited June 2023
    Options

Sorry but now only the support can help, or try to wait tomorrow

I don't want that with the multiple tries you trigger some protection and you are blocked

If you will be able, also ask a referral number to some of your friend to save 25$ at your 3 payment

• DNP
    Options

I guess it's time to give up. Instead of moving this phone line to Fizz, I 'll just move it to Bell/Rogers/Telus. Ugh. I got a response from customer support but it was the same useless response as I got from the chat bot. Same error message as always when I try to port the number. Discount carriers have their place but in the end you get what you pay for. Maybe Bell will give me a deal if I move all 5 phone lines.

• Jess_i88b6
    Options

Hi @DNP

it's understandable good luck

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,708 ✭✭
    Options

Sorry to read that…

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭
    Options

@DNP

Keep us informed.

Thanks for sharing!

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,202 admin
    Options

Hello @DNP,
    I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    I have verified your account and I can see that you have reached out to our customer service team in private.
    I can see that you have tried the transfer with the IMEI in the picture you've sent us, however you entered at the same time the account number as well. Please, delete the account number and try again to transfer it and make sure that the IMEI you enter is the last IMEI registered with Freedom mobile.
    If it doesn't work with the IMEI, try with the account number, you can request the account number by contacting them, or find it on your last bill with them. 
    It has to be made out of 8 digits. 

Here you can see more details: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/how-do-i-identify-my-account-number-transfer-my-number-fizz

Also, I have escalated a ticket to our technical team to investigate if there is any issue on the website as well.T
    The ticket is visible in your account> Overview. 
    As soon as they finish their investigation, you will be notified via email.
    Thank you for your understanding!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.