Samsung Smart View won't work anymore

Options
Hokam
Hokam Posts: 20 ✭✭
edited May 2023 in Internet

Hello,

I used to be a Videotron customer, and my old Samsung Smart View used to work fine.

After switching to Fizz, I can still connect my desktop to the Smart View, the network can see the Smart TV, but files won't play anymore.

All it does is infinite loading.

I checked the firewall, the app is allowed.

So now I'm thinking of a problem with the router, does anyone know about this sort of issues?

Best Answer

• Georgian-Adrian
    Georgian-Adrian Posts: 4 mod
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Hokam,

I am sorry to hear about this situation.

Since you already split the bands to have one for 2.4GHz and one for 5GHz, as long as both devices are connected to the same one, it should work. There isn't any restriction coming from Fizz's side. Considering all the other devices work, this is the best proof.

As some of the members already informed you, you should contact Samsung and let them know what internet provider do you have. It is possible that they have a certain setting for the TV that blocks some internet connections.

I will let this thread opened a bit more, so after you fix everything, in case you want to share with other members, you can do it here.

Have a good day,

-Georgian

Answers

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭
    Options

can be uninstall app and reinstall with restart phone

• Hokam
    Options

I said it's the desktop app.

It has already been reinstalled multiple times.

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,778 ✭✭
    Options

you can go to samsung.ca and even on the Samsung forum I don't think it's Fizz that's causing the problem

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    Options

Hello Hokam,

This technology is built in to most newer Samsung smart TVs. However, your phone or tablet must be connected to the same network as your TV in order to use this function. If Smart View is not working, restarting or rebooting your device will usually solve the issue.(copy/paste from the link below)

Maybe restarting or rebooting your device ( the TV in your case ) will solve the issue!?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001514/#:~:text=This%20technology%20is%20built%20in,will%20usually%20solve%20the%20issue.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭
    Options

Hi @Hokam

You should try to disable the band steering

Your Fizz Wi-Fi modem uses by default the to frequency band steering technology. When this function is disabled, the Wi-Fi modem will display two (2) frequency bands, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. 

The modification of this option is possible thanks to the mobile application Fizz Wi-Fi:

Choose: ''My Wi-Fi''

Select your Wi-Fi network

Select: ''Advanced Settings''

Band Steering ''On/Off''

The Fizz Wi-Fi app is available for free at various online stores (Apple Store and Google Play Store).

This change can also be applied through the Wi-Fi modem user interface:

1. Log in at: 192.168.0.1 from the web browser of any device.

2. Log in using the following information:

Username: cusadmin

Password: xxxxxxxx (Password you chose during initial setup)

3. Go to the next section to apply changes:

Wireless ->Advanced -> 2.4 Ghz or 5Ghz -> Band Steering (Disable)

If you do not remember the password you entered during setup, press and hold the "Reset" button behind the modem to reset your Wi-Fi modem back to its factory settings.

Source: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/my-wi-fi-network-cutting-how-do-i-fix-it

• Hokam
    Options

@Jess_i88b6 Band steering was already disabled.

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,954 ✭✭
    Options

@Hokam hi there,

About the Samsung Smart View App

In October 2020, Samsung got rid of its popular Smart View app for controlling Samsung TVs. It looks like SmartThings app replaced it.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 5,751 ✭✭
    Options

don't know how to help you ... sorry

This discussion has been closed.