Proposition for internet outage

Jess_i88b6
Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,946 ✭✭

Hi

I have a proposition for Fizz. Since it's possible that planned maintenance or internet outages can occur, I would like to suggest adding a button to report such issues in our internet plan.

When the user reports a problem, it can initiate a test on the modem. If the modem is online, the system can provide instructions on what to check, or refer the user to the forum or customer service.

If the modem is offline and there is no information about an outage in the area, the system can flag it and ask the user to contact Fizz for further investigation or other actions.

If multiple users report the same problem in the same area and the modem is offline, someone can validate and notify Videotron support. Additionally, the system can display a message to all users in that area.

In Canada, postal codes can be very helpful for identifying areas experiencing issues.

If Fizz would like to take this further, they could send an automatic email to users who report an outage. As an added benefit, if the user also has a mobile plan, Fizz could gift them with X GB of data. This could generate positive publicity for Fizz as well.

Best Answer

• Derr
    Derr Posts: 5,359 ✭✭
    Answer ✓

Excellent idea Jessy

Answers

• Jess_i88b6

Hopefully it is clear enough to be evaluated

• Jess_i88b6

It seems that @Paul L. 1 is important here, therefore I am tagging him too

• Sébastien code ZXEL1
    Sébastien code ZXEL1 Posts: 6,682 ✭✭
    edited April 2023

yes excellent jessy,, I said on another fizz post should have given news here every day can't believe he doesn't know how many customers are down and how many we've been reconnected at least a minimum of information

• Jess_i88b6

This information is owned by Videotron, I don't know if it is shared with their reseller. Not even videotron alert their customers

On twitter Videotron reported

95% recovery is now achieved for wireline services (Internet, TV and telephony). On the wireless side, the entire network is restored with the exception of certain infrastructures located west of Montreal. We continue the work.

• Jess_i88b6

Moreover, if the information is only given to the customer affected, it is more than enough. In this way, they don't fell forgotten.

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭

Very good idea. Another point is that less users will contact customer service knowing what is going on and making a room for other issues to be reported/resolved.

• Jess_i88b6

The point is that be informed and don't feel forgot and left alone

Instead do useless procedures it is a way to respect the customers

• Andrei_ref_R7VK1
    Andrei_ref_R7VK1 Posts: 6,318 ✭✭

Totally agree, you know that I was on that boat for several days and without any news it was taught to be on a positive note 😀.

• Jess_i88b6

I really hope that they will take into consideration implementing a similar feature.

As a customer, I would prefer to have something like that, and it would be a great option for a provider that operates entirely online. This would allow customer service to focus on more complex issues.

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,619 ✭✭

Great idea Jess!

• AK20230110
    AK20230110 Posts: 3,864 ✭✭

Reassuring their customers their customers is already a good start, ...giving them free date in the mean while: that is a big PLUS

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 4,619 ✭✭

Yeah you're right! Free data was a nice touch