Phone call fails with “this service is not available to Fizz members”

Options
Cgriff
Cgriff Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2023 in My Mobile

I was on the phone (mobile) this morning and after about a 10 minute call, the call failed with an automated voice saying “this service is not available to Fizz members.” I tried calling the person back after this happened, but the call immediately failed.

I have unlimited minutes, am fully paid up too. The call was with someone in Montreal (I am also in Montreal) on the Bell network.

Anyone know what could be causing this?

Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,351 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

Hi @Cgriff

Did you try to reboot the phone?

For this kind of problem, you need to force the registration of the phone, can you try to select a different mobile network, wait 30 seconds, and go back to the automatic selection

The steps for enabling your device to automatically select a network varies depending on the type of phone. Here are two examples:

Android: Settings → Connections → Mobile networks → Network operators → Search networks → Automatic/Fizz

iPhone: Settings → Operators → Automatic/Fizz

Note: If the Fizz network is not optimal where you are, you may try to temporarily connect to our wider area network.

• Cgriff
    Cgriff Posts: 2 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the tip! Tried it, but it didnt work unfortunately.

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 13,351 ✭✭
    edited April 2023
    Options

@Cgriff

Try to add +1 to your number

if it doesn't work you should contact the support

You can chat in direct

• Sign into your account

• Follow the link on this page: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/I-cant-make-any-calls-on-my-phone-why

• Wait 3 seconds for the green bubble with a '❔' appears at the bottom right of the browser, if you use a phone you must use it in desktop or horizontal mode

• Choose the option 💬 chat

• If the green bubble does not appear make sure your ad blocker is disabled, otherwise try with another browser.

Or by private message on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/fizzca/

• iceland
    iceland Posts: 2,074 ✭✭
    Options

This happens to me, when the phone number is wrong

• FizzyFizz JQMPM
    FizzyFizz JQMPM Posts: 6,573 ✭✭
    Options

As others suggested, be sure that the number is correct. Otherwise contact customer service by chat, twitter or whatsapp

• Whizz
    Whizz Posts: 20,373 admin
    Options

Hello Cgriff,
     I am sorry for the situation encountered,
    Please contact us in private via chat in order to help you with this situation. 
    You can try the steps the other users suggested, also try to call other numbers as well to know for sure that it is not on that person's end. 
    Some troubleshooting steps can be found here as well: https://fizz.ca/en/faq/I-cant-make-any-calls-on-my-phone-why
    I can confirm that your calls are working perfectly and on our end there are no issues reported for mobile services.
    To contact us by chat, go to the link above> click on the green bubble on the bottom right corner and then choose chat.
    Thank you for your understanding and collaboration!
    Have a good day!
    -Eugen

This discussion has been closed.