Signup Delay

abv
abv Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2023 in My Mobile

Hi, I am in a peculiar situation: I'm leaving for another city today and would like to activate fizz asap so that my phone works during the trip. Since they don't sell fizz sim cards where I live, I'll only be able to to buy one once I've reached my destination.

1. In the longer term I want to transfer my old number to Fizz, but because I want my phone to be functional quickly and avoid delays I was thinking of getting a random number for now and change it to my old number later. Would changing my number after the fact like this require me to pay an extra fee or to buy an extra sim card?
  2. Once I register my SIM card with fizz, should my phone become operational in only a matter of hours or could it take up to a few days?

Thank you.

Best Answers

• Jess_i88b6
    Jess_i88b6 Posts: 12,942 ✭✭
    edited February 2023 Answer ✓

Hi @abv

1) You need to open a new plan and close the previous one, and you can reuse the previous SIM once the plan is closed. Be aware,, the plan will be close at the end of billing cycle

2) For a random number it will take from 5 minutes to 2 hours, you need to have a Canadian credit card

• Jess_i88b6
    Answer ✓

Hi @abv

When I transfer my number took 10 minutes, after approving the text from the old provider

Answers

• abv
    abv Posts: 2 ✭✭

that delay seems fair, hopefully my prepaid canadian card works.

If you think that transferring my real number will still keep the delay below 12hrs I'll do it immediately. If you are unsure about that, ill do my initial plan instead.

• Vasiok
    Vasiok Posts: 1,337 ✭✭

In my case it took like 3 minutes to transfer the number and ut to be active. Good luck!

• Jess_i88b6

Salut @abv

don't forget to use a referral number to get your 25$, you can only use at the activation of a first plan

This discussion has been closed.